54. Dae Eun's Début

Things happened very fast. As soon as Taehyung confirmed that night that they were amenable to the contract, they were immediately invited to sign the following day and proceed with the first shoot for Aimer la Vie. It was just as well because they were set to leave Paris in a few days.

Dae Eun felt very nervous. She had never done this before and wasn't really sure what would be required of her. The signing itself was a ceremonial event and there were many photographers. It would not be shared to the public though until the perfume was ready to be launched. She was glad that she had worn the sheer dress with vine embroidery which Taehyung gave her.

Dae Eun was not prepared for the photo shoot and she felt really awkward. Through her nervousness, Taehyung helped her understand the concept and the expressions that the creative director wanted. When she was told that they were going to shoot photos of them both bare-shouldered, she began to panic. The staff assured her through an interpreter that she would be wearing a tight nude tube blouse and only Taehyung would not have his top on.

"Oppa!" Dae Eun tugged at Taehyung's arm as they were being walked through the concept at the set and Taehyung asked the creative team for an illustration so that they could visualize what was being required. The director explained that the final picture would be an artistic shot of both of them holding each other close, with a forest and waterfall as their background. Their image would be merged with those of wild flowers and plants as a mosaic at the beginning of the campaign, and they would not be recognizable at first. The photos would become clearer as the ad campaign progressed. The pose would be the same - Taehyung would be holding Dae Eun in an embrace, with both their eyes closed. He would be looking up while Dae Eun's face would be level with the camera. In the ad progression, there would be photos wherein Dae Eun would open her eyes, and in the final photos Taehyung's would be open too and they would both be looking in different angles, as well as straight at the camera. Their full visuals would no longer be hidden for the last of the series photos. The director asked only for an expression of love in various intensities.

Dae Eun didn't know how she could possibly do it and she felt embarrassed because the whole Dior crew was waiting for her. Taehyung smiled at his gongjunim and put his arms around her in front of everyone to calm her down.

"Tell me how much you love me, Gongjunim, but tell me only with your eyes." He coached, whispering to her. "Imagine what you felt when we first met, what you felt on your birthday and last Christmas. Show me how you felt the morning after the accident, and when we saw each other again. Forget that everyone is here and just show me those expressions. Like this...."

Dae Eun saw how her oppa's facial expression changed subtly, from soft to dark. She sensed feelings of love, protectiveness, anger, and relief. She didn't know if she could manage it as well as he did but she would try.

The staff began to dress them for the shoot and they were positioned with a green screen behind them. There were so many people around but Dae Eun tried her best to imagine that no one was there. It was just her and the love of her life. She could hear the director's instructions and she followed them while holding her feelings for Taehyung on the surface. It filled her through the noise and bright lights and spilled out of her eyes.

When the shoot ended the whole crew broke out in applause.

"That was very good!" The director commended them. He was taken aback by the intensity he saw in them both and felt that Bernard would be more than satisfied. "We'll discuss the lineup of shots we'll most likely use and show them to you before we ask Bernard to make the final choice."

Taehyung and Dae Eun thanked the director and the entire crew for their hard work and patience. Then Hedi appeared and asked Dae Eun if she could have an interview and photo shoot tomorrow for French Vogue. She would be wearing Celine and the shoot would be done on a farm outside of Paris.