Chapter 1

I hate Mondays, I hate mornings. But the best part of this is; I'm graduating in few months. I wish there is a way to Skip time.

"Hanan, Hanan why are you still not awake" mom cut off my morning thoughts.

"I'm coming mom" I replied as I get up

Being the oldest sibling has to be the hardest thing ever. I don't even have lectures early today but I have to wakeup early. Sometimes I wonder how does if feel to have no siblings at all; must be nice.

" Yaya Hanan please help me with this assignment". My 7 year old  brother said proving my point.

"What assignment Khalifa? It's Monday morning? How on earth did you not remember the assignment throughout the weekend"?

"I forget about it" he replied

"You brain remembers nothing apart from playing anyways"

I help him quickly with the assignment and went to the living room. The kids are already ready and mom was almost done with the work.

"Good Morning" I said to her.
I looked around a bit confused
"Where is dad?"

"He left very early today. You were busy sleeping how would you know" Khadija replied.

I just looked at her. Because I'm not ready for fights today.

"Are you talking to your older siblings like this khady?" Mom asked

"Leave her alone mom. She thinks she's grown just because she will be out of secondary school this year. Girl is ghetto out here!" I said

We finished having our unnecessary conversation and they left for school.

***

I went to uni and the lecture was cancelled. Wish they told us earlier I wouldn't have wasted transport Money. 

We bought groundnut eating and chatting as usual with my besties.

"Isn't that Sadiq?" Hafsa said.

"Which of the sadiqs?"

I take a look and it was him. dressed in a  light blue kaftan. Oh Gosh I think the color blue was meant for him. I couldn't stop looking. His eyes were bright, shining like glitters. Imagine if those eyes would look at me the way I look at them.we could have outshine the universe together.

"Go and talk to him idiot" hafsa said

"Girl what should I say to him?"

" Wait aren't you guys related"? Maryam asked.

"No girl, our parents are childhood friends. But we technically don't have any relation with their kids. I mean we don't belong to the same world"

I couldn't even explain when I realized he was walking towards us. I frozen, and before I even make any move, he was close. CLOSE TO ME

***

First chapter down. I hope you liked it, if you do please vote and comment 🤍