chapter 6

Mom walked into the room.
"Khadija leave us alone with your sister. Go and finish up the work left"

Khadi left without any hesitation. I wiped up my face but new tears keep rolling out.

"So you haven't go over Sadiq all this time?"

I couldn't place my eyes in hers.

"Look at me"
"Hanan! All these years? You are crying over a man that your existence means nothing to him? A man that inlove with someone else? I didn't raise you this way"

"You didn't raise me this way? I'm so sorry for being such a disappointment" I continue shading tears.

"What is wrong with you Hanan? Don't ever call yourself a disappointment again" she raise my face, my eyes looking directly into hers.

"Mom, I love him all these years, I never loved anyone else. I have never dreamed about anyone apart from him. I don't know what to do now? How can I continue living knowing he will be for someone else "

She hugged me so tight

"It will be okay. You will get over it with time. You will fall in love with someone that deserves you".

Little did she know I will never fall in love with anyone else. I don't care how much it will hurt. I will love him forever and ever .

***

It's been 3 weeks since mim find out about my feelings for Sadiq. I get lectured almost everyday. I love how she make sure I eat and sleep well but not all that lectures about letting go. I'm blindly in love. Very blind.

Me and hasfa are on a facetime and I couldn't shut up about him.

"The guys is getting married in months and you're still talking about him"

"He hasn't get married yet. At least let me create some unrealistic scenario. I'm heartbroken but anything I think about him I feel better "

We talked for long time before she called off to do stuffs.

I was tired of sitting in my room all day so I decided to go and chat with everyone. The best decision I made.

"It's so unfortunate but that's best of both of them"

I don't understand what they're talking about at all but I sat there just feel involved.

"And they have been together for like 2 years I think " baba added

"I am honestly so sad about it. So basically there won't be wedding " mama added.

"I think that's the best for all. That's why it's so important to know your genotype before getting into serious relationship. But stopping the wedding is much better than getting married and seeing your child in pain everyday.... For a decision you made"

"Definitely is not worth it.  I feel bad Sadiq and asma'u"

My pupils became bigger and my face shines right away.

"Mama what happened to them?" I didn't want to interfere but I just have to.

"Sadiq and asma's wedding got called off. Genotype issue, they're both as"

***

Woah!