chapter 4

I get back on my feet and thank him.

"I'm so sorry" I hannatu said

"It's okay"

I know she did it in purpose. She definitely wants to revenge the beatings from madrasah years. But I'm grown and don't have time for all that.

We went back home and I couldn't just shut up about what happened.

"If you could see asma's face at that moment. She was boiling from jealousy " Khadija said and laughed out loud.

"As she should. I sometimes wish I told him my feelings since before her but it's probably too late now" I sighed

Today I got the best birthday gift ever. And I had to write about it. About how me and him were looking directly into each other hand. I saw the glimpse of us in his eyes. Me & him are possible. He love me.

******

Few months later

Everything about today is beautiful. I'm graduating and There's nothing more beautiful than this. Seeing my parents proud. Everyone is happy and taking pictures, me and the girls are happy we made it after all the obstacles. It's incredible, Alhamdulillah.

I know something will ruin this day. Asma'u, his asma'u. He come to celebrate with her, they took pictures. They were so happy while my world was crashing.

Why is the word so unfair. Why didn't he love me instead? Why isn't me and him taking pics right now?

But it's okay as long as he is happy. There is nothing better than seeing him happy. The world most beautiful thing, only if he knows how much I love him. So dearly!

Celebration was over and we went back home.

***

"Go and sleep is getting late" I said to the kids.

Without any hesitation they get up and went to bed, leaving only baba, mama, Khadija and me in the room.

"I forget to tell you" baba said to mama.

"We had a great conversation last week with Alhaji and he said we would go and ask the girls hand in marriage "

I was so confused for a while. What marriage? Because anytime he said Alhaji, I know he definitely mean Sadiq father. I hope is a different Alhaji this time.

"You know the girl graduated today with our girl. Her parents wanted her to graduated first, if not for that sadeeq would have married her long time ago".

"If not sadeeq would have married her long time ago" that phrase keep repeating in my head. Suddenly my vision is blurry and my world is crashing

***

**

Oh no🥺

Please vote and share 🤍