chapter 8

"Thank you so much mom. I hope the odds will be in my favor this time"

"You're so much welcome. Tell Khadija to blend the tomatoes for me" she demanded.

"I will do it myself" I said with so much excitement.

I blended the tomatoes, slice the onions and did all the chores that weren't even mine. My soul is very happy I can even wash the whole City.

I went back to my room and I had to call my bestie. She picked up.

"Guess what!"
"What"she asked.

"Mom will talk to dad about my feelings for Sadiq and hopefully dad can talk to Sadiq's dad about it"

"Oh my God. If this workout you're definitely getting married to him. In now time."

"Inshallah. Finger crossed " I said out of excitement.

....

Khadija walked into the room and she was wearing my hijab

"You have more hijabs than me but you still have to take mine. Thief " i said

"Call me whatever you wanna call me. Your hijabs are also mine. I will wear them anytime I want" she replied

Siblings has to be the most annoying to ever existed. I have millions of nevers and yet my siblings manage to get on all of them.

***

All these time I was looking out for dads call. But I also don't wanna ask mom if she told him already, I don't wanna seem desperate. I mean I'm but I don't wanna make it obvious.

Hafız walked into to my room.
"You in a big trouble" he whispered

Hafız is 10 and I don't know why he like to scare the hell out of me. Sometimes he talked like an adult.

"I don't have you time" I continue scrolling through my phone.

"Dad sounds mad about something and he asked me to call you"

My heart beated so fast.

"Stop hafız"
"I swear the way he asked me to call you, was as if you have done something bad"

I couldn't even think about anything else. I get up so fast. I sat very calm.

"I excepted much better from you Hanan" he said and I don't think my heart ever beated faster than it did at this moment.

"All this time you told us you were over him you wasn't? You lied us"

"Baba I wasn't lying... I'm sorry" tears start flowing right away.

"Any little talk you start crying. What are you crying about right now? As much as I am disappointed I cannot blame you. Sometimes we cannot control our feelings. We talked with your mom, I looked at things from a different perspective"

I raised my head quickly and my face become brighter.

"I will talk to sadeeq's dad about this issue. But I don't wanna give you false hope. Put it in your hand that this might workout and might not workout. Not matter what outcome is I don't like nonsense.  We can't control our feelings all the time but we can do something about it for sure".

"Thank you baba" I said.

"Now get up. Don't hope for nothing and pray about the situation " he added.

***

Vote
Comment
Share.