chapter 11

Sadeeq's pov

It's my wedding day today. I'm getting married to a complete stranger. Someone I barely know. I have tried so hard to tell dad no. But I haven't seen my parents this happy. My dad and her dad are best friends, they are not just best friends but best friends for life. Marrying his best friend's daughter will be such a great accomplishment. But unfortunately I can't love anyone other than asma'u. Even though our wedding is called off, even though we can't be together, I will forever and ever love her.

Everyone is ready, the cars are ready were heading to the masjid soon.

It seems like everyone is happy except me. It's my wedding day.... Why am I not happy at all. I can't do this. I just can't.

***

Hanan's pov

I have seen so many brides in my life but I can say that I am the most beautiful bride ever. Sadeeq's bride to be. I got this feeling, that feeling you just want to scream and jump out of happiness. Today is the most amazing day in my life. I have spent all my life praying for this day.

My siblings look great, everyone is happy, I'm happy.

Ammar ofcouse came for my wedding. He can't miss his sis wedding. Hafsa asked him to call her when the wedding knot is tighten and he did.

"They have tight the knot" she screamed out loud.

"She's finally sadeeq's wife. Mrs sadeeq"

She hold my hand and we kept dancing.
We Sang so many song together. We took pictures.

And then the moment is here. I will be taken to my husband's home soon. My sadeeq. But I never thought I will cry until that time reach. I realized I'm leaving my family to start a completely different life. I got lectured today so many times by the elders and the main thing is "be patient, marriage is all about patience".

I sobbed, I can't imagine how life is gonna be. I won't wake up to my siblings everyday? The daily arguments with Khadija? I never thought this moment meant anything.

At long last I sat on my own bed in my own house. I was covered with veil. Just like every typical Hausa girl will expect or let me say just like I read in novels. I expect Sadiq to come and unveil me. To come to with that chicken with him. We will pray to Raka'at and then Expect what to happen next.

Well I was very wrong

My new chapter begins, that was exactly what I dream of. Is that really what I dreamt of?

Sadiq walk in long after everyone left. I was so tired of waiting and eventually fall asleep.

He look like he is not okay at all. Like he cried, like he's angry. He's about to take his anger on me

"I was waiting for.." the sentence I never get to complete.

"I need silence" he started walking but then he stopped.

He hold my arms so tight.
"Don't ever except anything from this marriage okay. Don't you dare expect anything. There is nothing like me and you. I don't know how you agree to this, but I have shown you all the signs before the wedding. I will never love you because my whole life I loved only 1 person, asma'u and I will love her forever."

I love asma'u and I will love her forever

I'm shattered

***

Ahh lallai mah Sadeeq👩‍🦯