chapter 10

I know me and sadeeq are meant for each other. I never for once gave up on his love. I saw it, I saw the glimpse of us. We will be together forever and ever.

Sadiq's favorite meal is waina. He is the reason why waina is my favorite meal. The fact the Sadiq is coming today made me so nervous. But I eventually managed to cook his favorite meal for him. I kept checking for his call or message for received none. After a long time of waiting I started giving up. Maybe he won't show up, maybe he doesn't want me. So many confusing thoughts running through my head. Until I hear his
"Assalamualaikum"
My heart crashed out of happiness. I jumped and take a deep breath. I looked at myself at the mirror to make sure the first impression turn out good. I mean this isn't the first thing me we'll meet, but this is the first time we'll meet as two people looking forward to spend the rest of their lives together.

Nobody is home, Just me and mama. I can hear them exchanging greetings. I finally get up and went to the living room.

We exchange greetings and sat there. It's very awkward to be honest. I have no Idea what to say or what to expect. Mom get up so we can have a conversation between us.

I brought water and the food to him but he didn't take single sip. Maybe he will later?

He finally broke the silence "I'm sure you know what's going on"

"Yes"

That was really awkward

"I'm ready to settle down from my side but I don't know about you."

"We're ready too" I replied in brief.

Another silent follows. I hate it, is like our souls are not connected. I tried to smile it off and ignore the fact that he didn't even take single sip of the water nor did he even look at the food.

"I'm so sorry but I have to go"

What? Is he kidding me?

"Alright" I utter

"I know is not right to leave just like that But I have some important things to catch up with"

"It's completely fine"

I tried to hold myself together and not to overthink. But what if he lied? Maybe he just want to escape?

I take the food to the kitchen after he left immediately. I ate as much as I can so I can feel relieved.

***

I'm such an over thinker. but as much as I over think what sadeeq is doing is completely not right. Our wedding day is approaching and I haven't received a single call from him. Just a text on WhatsApp.

"Let me know if you need anything"

"Alright I will" he left me on delivered.

Why do men do things like this. Nobody is forcing him to marry him, he as every right to say no. I want him to talk to me everyday, to text from morning to evening. We were supposed to use this moment to get to know each other .....

Seeing his name appears on my screen cut my thoughts. Maybe I was completely wrong about him, he was probably busy.

I pick up and we exchange greetings.

"I was curious to know if you want any events"

Yes I do want events. I want to take beautiful pictures with him. I want it to be a great memory.

"I'm not sure but do want any"

"I don't really want. I think it's all a wast of money"

I was so shocked by his reply because their family are Known for their exceptional weddings. They spend everything possible on weddings. But maybe he is different from them.

"Yeah but I'm thinking of doing a henna party with girls"

"Okay just let me know how much you need. Always call me if you need anything"

So we will only call if I need anything what?

We finish talking and it was completely awkward.

***

Wedding preparations has gone too far. I can't believe we're getting married but I'm scared at the same time. What if he doesn't want me? Why is he not putting any effort. I'm very happy but scared of what to expect. I don't know why I am not feeling any good But I guess it's all part of it.

***

are you sure Hanaan?👀👀

Please vote, comment and share ❤️