Chapter 10: Rise - Pt. 1

|| I know some of ya'll are hungry (and thirsty) for Percy, don't worry, we're getting to the good stuff soon! A nice double chapter for the Christmas season! Enjoy!||

|| By the way, I have a new Arcane Vi x Fem!Reader story called "Of Fists and Blades" up right now! Feel free to check it out! ||

|| Also, with the release of the new Season 2 trailer, I am debating on possibly continuing this book (or making a sequel). If anyone is interested, let me know. It will help me make a good decision on it ^^ ||

~~~~

"Ok...this is nice!" Keyleth said nervously, gripping her staff as Vox Machina collected themselves after nearly being eaten alive. (Y/n) raised an eyebrow at her, but her nerves certainly were valid. The long-off screams of survivors being found and taken by the dead continued to echo through the town. The rogue couldn't suppress the shiver that ran through her. This was a worse fate than any she could think of.

"We could just stay in this alley! Forever...!" The druid smiled, but the fear was easy to see. The rest of the team stared at her, but before anyone could speak, the sound of heavy footfalls echoed through. The ground rumbled. (Y/n) stiffened at the familiar sound.

"Giant..."

Keyleth deflated, grimacing. "Why did I say that...?"

(Y/n) watched as Vox Machina ran out of their hiding spot, following close behind as they went to the center of the road. Sure enough, a large hulking behemoth was walking towards them. Its skin, blue from cold and undeath, peeled off its muscles and skeleton. Its jaw was wide, opened into a sickening smile, and its eyes were staring unblinking at the team in front of it. They couldn't outrun it, not with the horde of undead surrounding every corner.

"The bag." Percy's sudden command split the air, his hand motioning to Grog. The Goliath quickly handed the ordinary looking bag to the artificer, who kneeled down and began to pull out large pieces of forged metal that definitely shouldn't have been able to fit in there.

"Yeah, uh," Vax began to speak, seeing the Giant begin to quicken its thundering pace. "I don't mean to rush you-"

"Then don't." Percy cut him off, starting to assemble the pieces together with a few clicks. (Y/n) eyes widened, seeing how the weapon pieced together.

"We get it, you're smart!" Scanlan gulped, holding his bitten arm. "Just do something!!"

"Percy?" (Y/n) spoke up, her eyes marvelling at Percy's invention. "What...is that thing?"

Percy stood up, holding the long gun in his hands. Fashioned to the top were three glass lenses. When he heard the question, Percy turned to (Y/n), the wind gently blowing his snow-white hair.

"It's what I do best," Percy responded. He merely gave a smirk, winking before his smile fell, taking a few steps forward.

Even faced with impending danger, this man knew he looked good...and (Y/n) fell for it hard.

Percy walked a few feet ahead of the group. The Giant loomed ahead, its unblinking eyes on the approaching human. Percy raised his gun, taking a breath as he readied himself. He gripped tight, then pulled the trigger.

B O O M !

The shot blasted clear out of the rifle, the sound echoing across the district. Within half of a second, the shot landed. The shoulder of the Giant was blasted to pieces, flesh and bone raining down from the hit. The Giant groaned in what sounded like pain, actually staggering backwards from the force. He fell back to the ground with a solid thud, dust flying from the impact. He didn't move a muscle. Percy's cloak blew in the wind behind him, his snowy hair shifting.