Chapter 11: Familiar Faces

|| Sees the date...

Ok Listen-
Yes the chapter is extremely late, sickness got to me again alongside writer's block...plus a new job. Plus... life. Sorry ya'll! Hope you've been enjoying Season 2!||

|| Extra long chapter ahead for my lovelies! ||

~~~~

The two managed to catch up with the rest of the party. Whitestone Castle lay at the top of a hill overlooking the town, a weaving path leading the way. Unfortunately - and to be expected - the castle gates were guarded by three dozen or so Pale Guard. And that was only what could be seen on the outside of the castle.

"With the Pale Guard protecting the city gates, I imagine the best way into the castle would be this..." Percy said as took the lead, bringing the group off the path and down a slope hidden by undergrowth. Hidden well by overgrown moss and stone was a darkened wooden door, opened by the team's Goliath.

"Our hidden tunnel." Cassandra recognized. Vox Machina fell into line. Pike's divine projection ended up being a very good source of light to navigate the darkened chasm.

"It was good enough to hide from nannies and tutors." Percy mused, with yourself falling in pace with him as Cassandra walked past.

"And know-it-all older brothers." Cassandra added coolly, walking past him. Percy frowned slightly. You gave notice but didn't speak. It was between the siblings to discuss... not you.

"Cass?" Percy spoke up beside you, causing Cassandra to stop. You looked between the two for a moment before walking ahead. Percy needed some time with his sister, and it was probably for the best that you gave them their needed space to talk.

After all, it gave you a bit of time to think yourself. Since joining Percy, you felt less and less lost. You were getting a sense of your memories, of what happened during the years you remained under Sylas' control. And well...you were coming to terms with it better. You couldn't blame yourself, you weren't even yourself to begin with. But one question wouldn't leave you.

What would happen at the end of all this?

Say you did survive, say you did beat the Briarwoods with Percy and Vox Machina. What would happen next? Could you still live a normal life afterward? What about your parents? Were they still alive? And Percy...what would happen to you both? You cursed softly. You should have said it. You should have said what you really felt back at the Sun Tree... Then again...was the kiss clear enough to show it?

Your thoughts were interrupted as Cassandra walked past you. You blink, feeling your voice rise.

"Cassandra?"

The younger sister turned, meeting your gaze as you caught up to her.

"Listen, I..." You thought of what you could possibly say at the moment. There was so much you wanted to say. While some memories were still foggy, you were sure of one thing; Cassandra was there. When you were controlled to fight and kill her rebel allies, Cassandra was there watching, unable to defend them as she kept up her own disguise against the Briarwoods. The thought made you feel sick.

"I...I want you to know that I'm sorry," You finally said, looking up at her. "I'm sorry for anything and everything I have done that hurt you while I was controlled. I-"

"You were being controlled." Cassandra cut you off, her voice sympathetic enough but her eyes saying otherwise. "You can't be blamed for everything you did... But I'm not quick to forgive like my brother is... I hope you understand that."