EP 5

Warning: some bad language

    The game proceeded and Miyaji was having trouble with Kotaro. The blond kept getting past him with his powerful dribble.

    As Kotaro went by Miyaji again, he passed the ball to Nebuya and he scored. 

    Less than five minutes were left until the end of the second quarter and Shutoku was losing to Rakuzan by four points, them being 28-32.

    Things weren't going well for Shutoku. Takao was dribbling the ball in place as he pondered on what he should do. He didn't have many options, his teammates were being tightly marked and overwhelmed by Rakuzan's players and Akashi was marking Takao.

    Seeing the struggle Takao was having, Leo turned to Midorima, who he was marking, and spoke.

    "Sorry, but the rest of your team is just holding you back." He said honestly to the green haired boy. 

    Midorima didn't like his words and glared at him.

    "What did you say?" Midorima asked displeased.

    "We're barely keeping you under control by double-teaming you, but the other four are average at best. Especially him." Leo said as he motioned towards Miyaji. "How long do you think he'll last against Kotaro?" he asked Midorima. 

    The green haired boy didn't answer him, but he wasn't void of emotion after hearing Leo's words.

    What did they know about his team? What did they know about his seniors? They never saw how Miyaji and the others worked really hard and were always taking care of the first-years, making sure they worked hard as well and grew stronger. Nobody knew about their dedication! Midorima frowned, he was one of the Generation of Miracles, he had more potential than the others, but he wasn't going to tolerate others bad mouthing his teammates. The lone mentality he had in the beginning was long gone!

    As the green haired thought of this, Akashi slapped the ball from Takao's hand. He grabbed it and threw it forward towards Kotaro. 

    Miyaji quickly marked Kotaro. The blond was always getting past him, but he wasn't going to stop trying to block him. Just like the other times, Kotaro quickly got past Miyaji, but this time he didn't end up scoring. This time, as Kotaro shot the ball to score, Midorima ran towards him and blocked his shot. 

    Like that, he stopped Rakuzan from scoring.

    Kotaro and his teammates were surprised and Midorima looked at his opponents with hard eyes. Takao grabbed the ball Midorima recovered and passed it to him. As Midorima was being marked again, he spoke.

    "Holding me back? What are you talking about?" he said with glaring and focused eyes.

    Midorima passed by Rakuzan's fifth member easily. Next, he saw Kimura signaling him to keep going and, as Kimura screened Leo, Midorima got past him as well. Then, Midorima got in front of Nebuya and pretended he was going to shoot the ball. As Nebuya jumped to block him, Midorima quickly passed the ball to Miyaji and he dunked it.

    The crowd cheered and even Akashi had a surprised look on his face after seeing Midorima's combined play with his team.

    (Y/N) had a happy smile on her face as she saw Midorima play. He had changed so much. It was amazing watching his dedication to his team and his trust on them.

    Midorima looked at his opponents again.

    "I don't know of anyone who holds me back on this team." Midorima said strongly.