EP 24

The Uncrowned Kings and Mayuzumi were looking at their red haired captain in astonishment.

    After what Mayuzumi said to him, they were expecting an angry reaction from him. But what happened was completely different.

    Akashi had stayed quiet for a while, his eyes closed as if he was lost in his own head. Then, he finally opened his eyes slowly and stood up from his seat. Akashi turned towards Mayuzumi, but he didn't behave like he usually did, he wasn't hostile like he usually was.

    "How dare you talk to me like that?" Akashi said to Mayuzumi, but his tone was nicer and they could make out a sort of playfulness in it. "I'm Akashi Seijuro, of course." The red haired said and the rest of the team's eyes widened.

    Akashi was different. He had the calmest and gentlest expression they had ever seen. They didn't even know Akashi was able to look like that. That menacing and cold look in his eyes was gone, and both of them were red now.

    Akashi turned to address all of them. After he played so badly earlier, he knew for sure that they wanted him to be subbed out. But Akashi wanted to keep playing and asked them to let him go back to the game.

    This request, no matter how differently Akashi was behaving, was met with some reluctance from the others. They couldn't afford to have Akashi playing if he was going to be so bad at it again.

    Nebuya took a step forward.

    "What are you saying, Akashi? You want to keep playing? You could barely play a second ago? Are you sure you're ok to do so?" he asked with some tension.

    Akashi remained calm, completely understanding of his team's reluctance.

    "Yes. I disgraced myself. I feel badly about it." Akashi said before bowing his head to them respectfully. "I'm sorry." He apologized honestly and the others were shocked again. Akashi apologized? What? Then Akashi raised his head and spoke again. "I want you to lend me your strength again so we can beat Seirin." Akashi requested.

    After a few seconds of silence, his team reached a decision.

    The Akashi they had in front of them was somehow different from the one they knew. They didn't know what he had planned, but they couldn't help trust him.

    So, they decided to let their captain keep playing.

    Seirin hadn't realized what had happened yet.

    (Y/N) had been watching Rakuzan the whole time, anxious about her boyfriend. She couldn't hear their conversation and she was confused when she saw Akashi bow his head to the team.

    (Y/N) wanted to approach Akashi, she wanted to make sure he was fine, but she thought it was better not to do so. Especially if he was going to brush her off like he did earlier. Akashi and his team looked calmer, so she figured that they were fine now. That helped giving her some relief, she would settle for that right now.

    As Rakuzan stood there all together, Akashi spoke to them again.

    "There's another matter I must take care of. Just give me a moment, please." Akashi told them nicely and turned around to look at Seirin's bench.

    His face softened even more when he saw who he was looking for.

    There her beautiful self was. Looking at him with that worried gaze. Looking as if she wanted to go to him, but hesitating because of how he treated her earlier. He had to change that. He wanted nothing more in that moment but to change that.