EP 23

Warning: bad language

It's finally happening. Let's dive into Akashi's real feelings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Seirin had to proceed with caution. Akashi was in such a powerful mode, he was the one in charge of defense and offense.

    All by himself.

    He wasn't counting with the help of anyone else in his team nor did he want it.

    Hyuuga had the ball and he gulped when he saw Akashi standing at defense. Before he could even move, Akashi was already in front of him and stole the ball.

    Kagami quickly put himself on Akashi's way, set on not letting him get past him. The red haired ace from Seirin was putting pressure on himself to keep focused. His power had to grow if he wanted to beat Akashi.

    Akashi swiftly crossed the ball between his legs and made an Ankle-break that had Kagami lose his balance.

    Kagami started to fall forward, but he quickly moved his body and managed to still lean towards Akashi to slap the ball from his hand.

    But Akashi was too fast and knowledgeable. He immediately stopped mid-step, crossed the ball again and made Kagami fall again.

    Kagami was on his knees on the ground as Akashi shot the ball.

    "The way you struggle is laughable." Akashi said monotonously. "Stay there on the ground." He added as the ball entered the basket.

    The crowd cheered loudly for Akashi, amazed with all he was doing.

    Everyone was looking at him with wide eyes, even Rakuzan's coach and members. How was this power even possible?

    The Uncrowned Kings were looking at him, too. It was sort of painful how he didn't want anything to do with them.

    As Akashi walked past them, Reo called for him.

    "Sei-chan . . ." he said weakly, but Akashi kept his cold gaze forward.

    "Watch out for threes while we're on defense. Even you can handle that." He said coldly and the boys frowned.

    "What?" Reo asked incredulously.

    "Akashi!" Kotaro exclaimed in protest, but their captain wasn't having it.

    "I expect nothing from you. If you can't do it, then I will." He told them and walked away, leaving his teammates quietly looking at him.

    As the game continued, Akashi took the ball from Kagami once again. He was simply too fast.

    The ball went out of bounds and the game temporarily stopped.

    Kagami was gasping for air. He was frustrated with himself. He wasn't being able to keep up with Akashi. He was so angry. He wanted to fight harder, he wanted to help his team, but he was failing. He needed more strength, but he wasn't able to get it.

    He realized he was already completely immersed in the Zone, but a second door had appeared in front of him. Not only that, but there was a gatekeeper in front of it, and he wasn't letting him in. No matter how much Kagami tried, that door just didn't open, he had no way of getting stronger.

    (Y/N) had been watching him and shook her head. Kagami was mentally struggling and it was their fault. They were doing it wrong. What had they been thinking? Why did she even agree to this at the time?