EP 7

The match between Shutoku and Rakuzan was finished and Rakuzan's place on the finals was guaranteed. Midorima and his teammates were sad with their loss, but there was nothing they could do about it now.

    Every member of Rakuzan was quiet instead of cheerful for their victory, but to them it was only normal. They played to win, there would be nothing less than victory for them. They didn't cheer for something that was expected of them.

    After the line-up, Midorima approached Akashi, who turned to look at him. Midorima extended his hand to shake Akashi's for the good game.

    "We lost, but next time we'll win." He told Akashi.

    "I should thank you, Shintaro. It's been a while since I last played such a thrilling game. But, unfortunately, I can't shake your hand." Akashi said and Midorima's eyes widened slightly. "If you desire victory, you must become cold-hearted. Victory is everything. I wish to be your enemy." The red haired said.

    "I see. You haven't changed since then, Akashi." Midorima said as he put his hand down. "Even so, we'll win next time." He said with confidence.

    Before leaving the court area, Shutoku bowed down to their audience and thanked them for the support. After that, they and Rakuzan made their way to the locker rooms.

    (Y/N) watched as the boys from Shutoku left, they looked really sad and she could see how Midorima was suffering with their defeat. There was nothing she could do, though. The best place for him to be now was with his team. 

    The girl then turned her eyes towards Rakuzan as they left the area and ran towards Akashi.

    "Sei." She called for him as she approached him. The captain stopped walking to turn towards her, he had his towel around his neck. "Congrats on your victory." She told him softly and he nodded at her. Obviously, both of them knew she didn't need to congratulate him for something that was meant to be, but she did anyway and the boy decided to not comment on it. (Y/N) looked at him for a few seconds before continuing. "Are you going to watch our match with Kaijou?" she asked him as she grabbed the edges of his towel and used them to wipe a few drops of sweat that were coming down his face.

    "I plan on it, but Rakuzan is going to have a post-game meeting now to reflect on today's game and the mistakes that were made. I don't know how long it will take, but after that, we'll come watch what's left of it." He told her and she nodded.

    "Hmm, ok." She said, understanding. She was looking at the ground as she hoped he would get there on time to watch and Akashi's hand cupped her left cheek. (Y/N) looked back up at him and he planted a kiss on her lips. She smiled at him and sighed. "Well, go on then. The sooner you start your meeting, the sooner you'll come back." She told him nicely and he smiled at her.

    "Good luck." He said and turned around to go back to his locker room.

    (Y/N) watched him go for a few seconds before turning to go back to her team. 

    They were already warming up and shooting some baskets on their side of the court while Kaijou did the same on theirs. The girl looked at Kaijou's bench and saw their coach there. She bit her lip and exhaled through her nose. It was time to do the right thing.

    (Y/N) walked towards the man and when she got there he looked at her.

    "Hello, coach Takeuchi-san." She greeted politely and bowed. "I hope there's no hard feelings for what happened before." The girl said honestly, referring to the day they had their practice game and both of them said things they shouldn't have.