EP 21

The game carried on and Rakuzan kept using Mayuzumi's presence to lure Seirin's attention away from them so they could escape or pass the ball.

    Mayuzumi was sad with this treatment, but he refused to give up and abandon the game. After everything, he still wanted his team to win. If the only way for him to help them do that was by just simply stand there, then he would keep doing so.

    "The way Akashi is treating Mayuzumi is heartless. There's no other word for it." Kasamatsu commented to his team. "His job now is to simply stand in Kagami's field of vision. Being treated that way must be supremely vexing. I think the only thing keeping him there is his sense of duty to his team." He added and the others agreed.

    The game kept going and Seirin managed to score a few more shots. There was less than four minutes left for the end of the third quarter and the scores were 56-76, Rakuzan in the lead.

    Now that Mayuzumi had been dealt with, Seirin still had to take down the Uncrowned Kings.

    Izuki was the one marking Kotaro and he knew it wasn't going to be easy to respond to the blond's powerful dribble.

    When Kotaro had the ball, Izuki was in front of him. Izuki noticed how Kotaro looked bored by being marked by Izuki instead of Kagami like before. For him, Izuki wasn't challenging enough. Another thing Izuki and all the others had seen and were annoyed at was the way Rakuzan was treating Mayuzumi. That was no way to treat a teammate.

    "Let me ask you something." Izuki told Kotaro, grabbing the blond's attention.

    "What?" Kotaro asked curiously.

    "What do you think of Mayuzumi?" Izuki asked, his eyes narrowed as he waited for the answer.

    "Nothing really. We use him effectively to win. Is there something wrong with that?" Kotaro answered, his tone sounding bored.

    "I'm not complaining." Izuki replied drily. "I just refuse to lose to the likes of you." He told and Kotaro's eyebrow went up with interest at Izuki's will to fight.

    Kotaro smirked at that, maybe Izuki wouldn't be so boring to face after all.

    "Really?" Kotaro said before his expression changed to a serious one. "Three fingers would probably be enough, but that annoyed me enough to use four." He said and prepared himself to dribble the ball using four fingers.

    Izuki got ready. He was familiar with Kotaro's powerful dribbles and he was going to give anything he had to keep up with them.

    Kotaro dribbled the ball, the sound it made was really loud and its speed was incredible. The blond was confident Izuki would never get to him, but the dark haired boy surprised him when in a swift move, Izuki was standing in front of him again. Izuki had managed to keep up with him thanks to his Eagle Eye.

    From the audience, Imayoshi and Kasamatsu looked at Izuki with impressed looks. His feat was worthy of respect.

    Kotaro's eyes widened, he had to admit he was impressed. But he could still dribble even faster by using all his five fingers, and if that was what it took to go past Izuki then he would do it.

    Kotaro dribbled again, this time it was the most powerful and fastest dribble he had.

    Izuki tried, but this time Kotaro went past him. He still used his Eagle Spear to tap the ball from behind Kotaro, but the blond was dribbling so fast that when Izuki's hand reached him, the ball wasn't there anymore.