EP 17

Hey! Sorry for making you wait so long! 

Seirin vs Rakuzan! Let's go!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The day of the final game has come at last. In just a few hours, Seirin would go up against the famously prestigious and all time winner Rakuzan.

    The match would take place in the evening, so Seirin took the chance to gather up that morning to study Rakuzan's moves and type of play one last time. After that, each member of the team took their time to enjoy their day as they saw fit, as a way to be completely relaxed and prepared for the game.

    Riko took the chance to get her hair cut. She had grown it out, having promised to not cut it until they reached the finals. Hyuuga was the one cutting her hair. He was the son of a barber, so he grew to be quite talented at the job.

    That was the way these two decided to spend their afternoon. They weren't a couple, but they sure behaved like one sometimes. Maybe the day would come where they made it official.

    The other players from Seirin spent their day in tranquility. Some were with their families, spending time with their siblings and having fun. All the families were excited for the game and planned on going to watch.

    Kagami took the chance to finally have his talk with Himuro. He had been postponing it ever since they had that ordeal with Haizaki.

    The red haired couldn't wait any longer. He wouldn't be able to completely focus on the match and have a clean conscience if he didn't fix everything with Himuro once and for all.

    So, he called his childhood friend to meet him at the park.

    Kagami was nervous when Himuro got there, he didn't really know how or where to start.

    After exhaling, he finally spoke.

    "I wanted to talk to you before the finals." Kagami said and Himuro kept a serious expression on his face.

    "I know." He simply replied, but his tone was soft, contrasting to his face.

    "I'm sorry about what happened in America." Kagami said and Himuro blinked. The dark haired boy was sure that if a certain manager had heard Kagami apologizing for something that wasn't his fault she would go berserk on him. Kagami kept talking, not noticing Himuro's reaction. "But I still wish we could be like-" he tried to say, but Himuro didn't let him.

    "That's enough." Himuro said softly, making Kagami look at him curiously. "I should be the one apologizing to you. I'm sorry for everything, Taiga. Let's play again sometime." he said as he started to smile and Kagami's eyes started to widen. "I really wish we get to do that, actually. As rivals and brothers." The dark haired boy confessed gently.

    Kagami couldn't believe his ears. Himuro apologizing to him, reaching out to him.

    "Tatsuya." Kagami murmured as he saw Himuro put his own necklace ring back around his neck.

    The ring was now resting on Himuro's chest and Kagami's eyes widened once more. He thought he would never see Himuro wearing it again. He felt beyond happy.

    Himuro took two steps closer to Kagami and put his hand on his shoulder.

    "I'm going to watch the game. Good luck. Let me see you become the number one player, bro." Himuro said with a proud smile and Kagami could cry at that moment.