EP 25

Last chapter everyone <3

Warning: mild language

------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The tension was at an all-time high. Seirin had less than a minute to recover from a score gap of seven points and win the game.

    To many, that seemed impossible, no matter how great Seirin did until now. Especially when Rakuzan was still so powerful and strong-minded.

    "Defense! Focus up, everyone!" Akashi instructed strongly, his teammates cheering with determination.

    Seirin sure was feeling the pressure from Rakuzan's defense.

    Izuki had the ball and was having trouble finding someone to pass it to. Kagami was being marked by Kotaro and Mayuzumi and it was practically impossible to give him the ball at that moment.

    Kiyoshi managed to find a small opening on Nebuya's mark on him and received the ball from Izuki. 

    Kiyoshi tried but he was no longer strong enough to push Nebuya away, so he couldn't move past him either.

    Hyuuga called for him to pass him the ball and as soon as he had it on his hands, Reo was marking him closely, set on not letting Hyuuga score.

    Thirty seconds for the end.

    Kuroko asked Hyuuga for the ball and Hyuuga responded quickly. Kuroko sent it immediately to Kagami from his side.

    "Hayama, Mayuzumi, don't let up on your defense!" Akashi quickly instructed, but the boys didn't react in time and Kagami caught the ball.

    He swiftly shot it and scored, making the scores 101-105.

    Rakuzan had the ball now.

    "Defense! Give them everything!" Hyuuga instructed and the others cheered.

    Seirin had a tight defense, but Rakuzan was incredible. They were unshaken by Seirin's pressure and thus Seirin wasn't able to steal the ball from them.

    Twenty-three seconds.

    Izuki was the only player that stopped moving around. The boy decided to calm himself and start to think. He had to be clever. He wasn't able to catch Akashi off guard, but it was different with the other four. If Izuki focused and used his Eagle Eye well, maybe he would be able to steal the ball from one of them. Rakuzan could simply hold their positions until the time ran out and with that, win the game. But Izuki knew that they wouldn't do that. It was stronger than them, they would obey their instincts and try to score one more time before the match ended. And Izuki knew that Rakuzan knew Kiyoshi had no more strength to hold Nebuya in place. So Izuki figured out to whom Reo would pass the ball.

    And he was right.

    When Reo passed the ball to Nebuya, Izuki intercepted it and stole it.

    Seirin and the audience exploded in cheers. They got the ball!

    Nine seconds.

    Seirin ran forward and Izuki wanted to give the ball to Kagami, but Akashi put himself in front of Seirin's ace.