EP 22

Warning: mild language

    It was finally time for the fourth and final quarter to start. 

    Hyuuga had a determined look on his face, but before he went into the court after the others, he looked back at Riko.

    Both the coach and the manager looked at Hyuuga, weirded out by his expression. Just a second ago he looked ready to go, but now he was looking sort of scared and was shaking.

    "Riko, how do I stop my hands from shaking?" he asked his friend.

    Riko looked at his shaking form with surprise.

    "What? How did that happen, you were ready just a moment ago?" she asked incredulously.

    "I was!" Hyuuga said comically, making (Y/N) snort at their conversation as she watched them. "But I still have four fouls! Of course I'm nervous, the pressure is killing me!" he complained and Riko sighed.

    "Ok, turn around." Riko instructed and Hyuuga did as she told him to.

    When his back was facing her, Riko slapped it with all her strength. That was the way players got back to business, after all.

    Hyuuga shouted in pain, but it worked. The pain helped ground him and the captain was once again ready to go play. He quickly thanked her and ran to the court.

    (Y/N) smiled at their interaction, they were so cute.

    The game started and Seirin had possession of the ball. It didn't take long for Hyuuga to have the ball in his hands and try to score a three-pointer. Reo didn't hesitate to mark him and try to stop his shot.

    Hyuuga was focused and thanks to Riko's help, he stayed calm. Hyuuga released the ball quickly and scored. Reo's eyes widened, he didn't even had time to try to block it.

    Reo was surprised and annoyed with Hyuuga's feat. He had been expecting Hyuuga to be too cautious with his moves in order to not make another foul. But he was seeing now that Hyuuga wasn't worrying about that. Reo had to step up his game.

    Hyuuga's presence on the court really made a difference in everyone's morale. His confidence was giving his teammates more strength.

    Finally, the moment came where Reo had the ball and Hyuuga was marking him. Hyuuga not only believed he knew the trick to the Void shot, he also had figured out how to stop the other shots.

    Reo positioned himself and made the movement to shoot the Heaven shot. Hyuuga had predicted that and reacted. When Reo saw that Hyuuga knew what shot he was going to make, instead of letting the ball go, he came back down again and he changed his shot to the Earth shot.

    If he succeeded, Hyuuga would receive his fifth foul.

    To Reo's surprise, though, Hyuuga didn't fall for his trick. Hyuuga had also predicted Reo would make this change. So, Hyuuga had only pretended he was going to jump, thus making him able to react to the Earth one.

    When Reo jumped for real to shoot the ball, Hyuuga jumped with him and managed to touch the ball with the tip of his finger.

    Hyuuga knew how to predict Reo's shots because he realized that Reo's form before he shot any of the three was practically the same before he shot them. Only his center of gravity was slightly different. Reo's center of gravity shifted towards the direction he was going to jump. Knowing this, Hyuuga only had to observe and he would know what shot Reo was going to make.