Elinor.

LIMERENCE | XXIV.
ELINOR MARTELL
King's Landing | 301 a.c.

ELINOR WAS NOT PREPARED TO SEE HER HUSBAND AGAIN

ELINOR WAS NOT PREPARED TO SEE HER HUSBAND AGAIN. SHE LOVED WILLAS, THAT was never truly in doubt. He was the father of her children and a dear friend. She just could not love him. Not like how she loved Margaery.

"Papa's coming! Papa's coming!" Mariah exclaimed as she bounced around in her seat. Elinor chuckled as she tried to brush through her daughter's hair.

"Mariah, sit still," Elinor orders gently and Mariah is quick to obey as her little hands grasp the sides of the chair, legs still kicking with excitement.

"Is Papa bringing William?" Mariah asks.

"Yes, he is," Elinor says as she brushes out the tangles in her daughter's silky black hair, "Are you excited to see him?"

"Very much," Mariah responds, "I've missed him."

"I've missed him as well," Elinor says as she grabs a bow and uses it to tie up part of Mariah's hair.

"Do you miss Papa as well?" Mariah asks.

"I do," Elinor tells her daughter. Mariah turns in her seat, messing up the bow that Elinor had just placed in Mariah's hair.

"Are you going to kiss him when you see him?" Mariah asks as she looks up at her mother. Elinor looks down at her daughter surprised by the question and unsure of what to say in response to that.

"Turn around, Mariah," Elinor requests softly. Mariah huffs but obeys her mother.

"You never talk about Papa," Mariah mutters.

Elinor knew that Willas's arrival would throw things off balance, but she didn't realize how much Mariah noticed. Was she aware of how much time she spent with Margaery? Was she aware of the extent of their relationship? Why was her four-year-old so perceptive?

"That is because talking about him would make me miss him too much," Elinor says as she attempts to put the bow in Mariah's hair a second time. Mariah sits perfectly still as she allows her mother to put the bow in her hair. Elinor looks in the mirror and meets her daughter's gaze and Mariah smiles as she meets her gaze.

"Pretty," Mariah says.

"Beautiful," Elinor says as she kisses the side of her daughter's head.

There's a knock at the door and Elinor kisses Mariah's head once more before going to open it. Loras stands there he bows formally.

"Lady Elinor."

"Loras," Elinor says with a laugh, "Come on you know there's no need for that."

"Loras!" Mariah exclaims as she runs over to her uncle.

"There's my pretty girl," Loras says as he scoops Mariah up and gently kisses her cheek.

"Mama says I look beautiful!"