Margaery

LIMERENCE | XVII.
MARGAERY TYRELL
King's Landing | 300 a.c.

MARGAERY HATED KING'S LANDING

MARGAERY HATED KING'S LANDING. The city was pretty enough, nothing in comparison to Highgarden, however, it wasn't the city that she hated, it was everything else. Unlike with Renly, Margaery couldn't be herself. She had to mold herself to fit what Joffrey wanted.

For the first time in a while, she had a moment to herself. She sat with her grandmother in the Red Keep gardens. They didn't compare to the ones in Highgarden and probably didn't compare to the ones in Dorne either.

Margaery sighed loudly as Elinor had managed to sneak her way into her thoughts, yet she couldn't help herself. She wondered if Elinor had heard the news if she was worried about her-

"Where's your head?" her grandmother's voice cut through Margaery's thoughts. She looked up at her grandmother and shook her head before glancing away shyly.

"Nothing," Margaery answered.

"You can lie to everyone else, but you cannot lie to me," Olenna says, her lips pursed in a thin line, "In fact, I think I know exactly where your head is. Dorne."

Margaery keeps her eyes on the Lannister guards in the garden. She knows that they're placed there by the Queen regent. Cersei did not trust them, and she didn't trust Cersei. It made her miss Renly's camp when they were at liberty to do and say whatever they wanted.

"Don't think you can tune me out," Olenna says, interrupting Margaery's thoughts again.

"Yes grandmother, my thoughts are constantly in Dorne. Is that what you wanted to hear?" Margaery asks.

"Frankly it was not the answer that I wanted, but it is the answer that I expected," Olenna tells her, shoving a cube of cheese into her mouth.

"I'm sorry," Margaery apologizes, finally brave enough to look her grandmother, "If I could stop thinking about her I would."

"Yet you cannot," Olenna states, "A shame really, I cannot see what you or Willas see in that girl."

Margaery rolls her eyes at the comment. She wouldn't expect her grandmother to see Elinor as anything more than a quiet girl that had managed to cause problems within her family.

"That's because you haven't gotten to know her," Margaery states firmly, "In fact, you've never given her a chance."

"I've given the girl plenty of chances and she's failed to impress me each time," Olenna says, "Besides my great-grandchildren. They happen to be her only accomplishment."

Margaery stands, her chair scraping loudly against the pavement, "I will not sit here and listen to you talk about her like that."

Olenna's thin eyebrows raise at her, "All this attitude for a girl that will never return your feelings?"