Elinor

LIMERENCE | XVIII.
ELINOR MARTELL
King's Landing | 300 a.c.

TEA TIME IS FILLED WITH CHATTER AS Olenna answers the many questions that Mariah had about why they were in King's Landing, how long they'd be there, and why she was to be on her best behavior

"You two are awfully quiet," Olenna says, lifting her gaze away from Mariah as she looked at Margaery, then Elinor, "I thought you'd be excited to see one another."

"As did I," Elinor answers.

Margaery sighs, "I was happy to see you."

"Really? It was hard to notice with you insulting me," Elinor asserts, and Margaery rolls her eyes across from her.

"I didn't insult you!"

"By speaking as though I had no clue how dangerous the Lannisters are, you were insulting me," Elinor says, lowering her voice as people pass by their table in the gardens, "They had my aunt butchered along with her children. I'm aware of what they're capable of."

"Elinor-"

"Then you went on to insinuate that I need your protection, as though I'm some damsel!"

"Maybe the two should hash this out at some other time," Olenna says, reminding Elinor that this was not the time or place to air out her grievances with Margaery.

"You're right," Margaery says forcing the prettiest smile, "Perhaps we can resume this later?"

Elinor scoffs, "There is nothing to resume."

"If you two are finished," Olenna says with a flick of her wrist, "There is still the fact that we don't know what has that Stark girl so shaken up."

"Really?" Elinor says surprised as she looks at Margaery, "She hasn't spoken to you?"

"No," Margaery answers, "I know she trusts me, but I think she's fearful that if she speaks the truth, then we might call off the wedding and she'll have to marry Joffrey."

"Then I'll handle it," Elinor says, "I'll find out if Joffrey is more than you can handle."

"I can handle anyone," Margaery responds, a challenge in her blue eyes, but Elinor doesn't entertain her. Instead, she glances at Olenna who held Mariah on her lap.

"Will you keep an eye on her?" Elinor questions and Olenna nods.

"Though I fail to see how you'll be able to get Sansa to open up. She worships Margaery. If she won't tell her, then she won't tell you."

"We'll just have to see then," Elinor states simply.

To her luck, she notices the lonely red-haired girl alone for the first time since her arrival. She sat on a bench that was near the port, watching as merchant ships docked and left