Margaery

LIMERENCE | X.
MARGAERY TYRELL
Highgarden | 299 a.c.

"MARIAH SLOW DOWN!" MARGAERY SAYS as she follows her niece through the halls

"MARIAH SLOW DOWN!" MARGAERY SAYS as she follows her niece through the halls. She walks as fast as her dress will allow her, but Mariah moves quicker, not allowing Margaery to catch her. Her situation gets worse as the young girl makes a beeline for the dining hall.

"Mariah," Margaery says, trying to at least distract the girl but she doesn't succeed as Mariah pushes the door open and runs into the study where Elinor sat, reading a book.

"Mama!" Mariah says as she climbs into Elinor's lap. Elinor looks at Margaery, an eyebrow raised.

"I can explain," Margaery says as she looks over at Elinor, "She really wanted sweets."

"Mama!" Mariah says as she places her small hands on Elinor's face. She grins at the little girl, placing a kiss on her forehead. She looks over Mariah's head and at Margaery.

"You spoil her," Elinor says.

Margaery grins, "Well can you blame me? She looks so much like her mother."

Elinor's cheeks flush and she drops her gaze elsewhere. Margaery couldn't help herself. Elinor was right there, and yet Margaery couldn't have her. Elinor had been married to Willas for four years. The people in the Reach adored them, Willas and Elinor. They adored their children just as much. One might mistake Willas and Elinor as the true lord and lady of the Reach.

Despite being adored by the public, Margaery believed things were tense between Willas and Elinor. They didn't go on romantic ventures, not that Margaery thought they went to very romantic places in the first place.

"Have you heard the news?" Margery asked, taking a seat beside Elinor, taking Mariah into her arms, "Jon Arryn is dead."

"Really?" Elinor asked, "What was the cause?"

"Renly says that he caught a fever," Margery looks at Elinor with a smirk, "But we both know what that really means."

"You think someone poisoned him?" Elinor asked surprised, "Who would do that?"

"Guess," Margaery told her with a particular family in mind. Elinor's eyes seemed to register what Margaery was getting at.

"And what would be the motive?" Elinor asked, "King Robert would never appoint a Lannister as his hand."

"You're correct," Margaery tells her, placing a kiss on Mariah's head, "He's going North to ask Eddard Stark to be his hand."

"Were we expecting him to pick Renly?" Elinor asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"No," Margaery answered honestly.

"Mama, is William still sleeping?" Mariah asks, twisting in Margaery's arms to look at Elinor.