Margaery

LIMERENCE | XIX.
MARGAERY TYRELL
King's Landing | 300 a.c.

MARGAERY WAS UNSURE WHAT HAPPENED between now and when she last left Elinor in Highgarden, but much had changed, and she wasn't speaking about their relationship

MARGAERY WAS UNSURE WHAT HAPPENED between now and when she last left Elinor in Highgarden, but much had changed, and she wasn't speaking about their relationship. Elinor had been a shy girl, but now she was very social, charming everyone she came in contact with.

Joffrey didn't seem wary of her, nor did he seem to care for her. He was indifferent and when it came to Elinor, that was the best place you could be. Sansa had taken a liking to her, as had Tyrion Lannister.

"She's quite charismatic," Cersei spoke, gaining Margaery's attention, "Princess Elinor."

Margaery nodded her head, "Yes, I suppose that's how she won over my brother."

"Hm," Cersei says thoughtfully, "Do you not like your sister in law?"

Margaery was far too smart for Cersei's mind games. The question was a double-edged sword. Admit her fondness and Cersei may see where Margaery's heart truly lies. Act nonchalant and Cersei may see that as a chink in the alliance between House Martell and House Tyrell.

"Elinor is a perfect match for my brother. She loves him and has given him two beautiful children. My opinion of her doesn't matter quite frankly," Margaery answers. She sips her wine, smiling behind the rim at how perfect her answer was.

"Love," Cersei states, "You truly believe that Elinor loves your brother? A cripple?"

Margaery ignores the insult to her brother, though she doesn't forget it. She places her glass of wine down as she looks at the Queen Regent, "Perhaps my brother and his wife didn't love each other at first, but they grew to love one another as most wives do with their husbands."

"And will you grow to love Joffrey?" Cersei asks, a challenge in her eyes.

"As you grew to love King Robert," Margaery answers with a smile, "Perhaps I'll even give him three children as you did."

Cersei chuckles, though Margaery knows she isn't humored. It's all for show, just like their weekly meetings for wine and tea. It's a hoax to hide the true animosity they have for each other.

"Perhaps you will," Cersei answers, "Or maybe two, like your sister in law."

Margaery frowns as the conversation finds its way back on Elinor, "Perhaps it should be I asking if you dislike Elinor."

Cersei takes a long sip of wine before answering the question, "I have no problem with her. She seems to be everything that her father isn't, kind, polite, and graceful. What I can't comprehend is why she's here in the capital."

"The Hand offered Dornan Martell a seat on the council. Elinor is only keeping it warm for him till he can make proper arrangements."

Cersei didn't seem convinced, the way her green eyes bore holes into Margaery. It made her uncomfortable, as though Cersei could see every thought she ever had about Elinor, as though she could see through her like glass.