Margaery.

LIMERENCE | XXV.
MARGAERY TYRELL
King's Landing | 301 a.c.

MARGAERY SAT QUIETLY AS GIFTS WERE BROUGHT BEFORE THEM

MARGAERY SAT QUIETLY AS GIFTS WERE BROUGHT BEFORE THEM. IT WAS THE MORNING OF HER wedding to Joffrey, which meant it was the morning before combined Dornish, Reach, and Northern forces would move against the Lannisters. Though Margaery sat with her mother, father, and grandmother, her brothers sat at a different table away from her.

Margaery's eyes had been glued to the table, watching as Loras bounced Mariah in his lap while Elinor and Willas dotted over William. She knew that she'd told Elinor that the moments contended her. That the moments were the only thing that kept her going, but she couldn't help the jealousy that seeped into her as she watched her brother and his wife.

Following the breakfast and the gifts that were more so for Joffrey than Margaery, she found herself in her chambers, waiting for her ladies to come and assist her in getting ready. She sat and stared at herself in the mirror. Getting ready was a waste. This wedding, the money spent on it would amount to nothing.

A quiet knock came on Margaery's door, and she stood and opened it, finding Elinor and Mariah standing there. Margaery's thoughts were quickly silenced at the sight of the Dornish Princess.

"Hello," Elinor greets as she looks down at Mariah, "Someone wanted to help their future Queen get ready."

Margaery's lips spread in a wide smile as she kneels before Mariah, "Is that so?"

Mariah nods her head and Margaery's smile widens in response as she picks up her niece and brings her inside. Elinor follows them, closing the door behind her. Margaery sits Mariah down in front of her vanity.

"Would you be alright with me helping you get ready first?" Margaery asks.

Mariah nods once again and Margaery grins as she grabs a brush and begins brushing through Mariah's dark strands. Elinor takes a seat on Margaery's bed, watching the two of them with a small smile.

"Will I be Queen someday?" Mariah asks, her legs swinging in her seat.

Margaery laughs, "Perhaps if you marry a prince."

"I want to marry a prince like Papa!"

"Your Papa isn't a prince, he's a lord," Elinor explains to her daughter. Mariah frowns as she looks over at her mother.

"But you're a princess, doesn't that make Papa a prince?" Mariah asks, before she lets out a gasp, "Doesn't that make me a princess?"

Elinor and Margaery exchange a glance wondering how they could explain the difficulties of titles to Mariah who was only five and couldn't quite comprehend why she was a Dornish Princess and a Highgarden Lady.

"You are a Dornish Princess," Elinor confirms, "But you are also a Lady of Highgarden."

"And someday when you are older, you may rule Highgarden as your Papa will," Margaery says as she kisses the side of her niece's head.