Margaery

LIMERENCE | VI.
MARGAERY TYRELL
Highgarden | 295 a.c.

MARGAERY WAS EXCITED for the second day of festivities in Highgarden

MARGAERY WAS EXCITED for the second day of festivities in Highgarden. She loved watching her brothers joust, especially when they won. It made her feel lucky to be a member of such an amazing house. She was also especially eager to win her bet with Elinor.

"So, who do you believe is winning the joust?" Margaery asked Elinor as they walked the gardens, waiting for the final preparations to be made.

"Garlan," Elinor said keeping her eyes on the path before them. Margaery scoffed, had Elinor really selected Garlan? Everyone knew that Loras was the best jouster. It seemed foolish to pick Garlan.

"Are you serious? You've never seen him ride," Margaery said, and Elinor laughed.

"I don't need to," Elinor says shyly before lifting her eyes to meet Margaery's, "Who do you believe will win?"

"Loras, of course," Margaery states as though it is a fact. Loras always won the tournaments and Margaery didn't see how this one would be any different.

"Very predictable," Elinor says with a laugh, "Everyone believes Loras will win."

Margaery narrows her eyes, "Who is everyone?"

"You, your father, Willas, even Garlan believes Loras will win," Elinor states, and this truly confuses Margaery. If Elinor knew that everyone had already placed their faith in Loras, why had she placed hers in Garlan?

"Then why pick Garlan?"

"I'll explain after he wins," Elinor says with a grin. She loops her arms with Margaery and drags her towards where they had set up for the joust. People had begun to fill the seats and the two girls joined them.

Rather than sitting with the rest of the Tyrells, Margaery and Elinor agreed that they wanted to hide within the other lord and ladies. If they were seated with her parents, then they would have had to been on their best behavior. By sitting alone, Margaery and Elinor could do and say whatever they wanted.

The match began with Loras unseating several men on the first pass through, and Garlan doing the same. It seemed obvious that both Tyrells would be facing each other in the championship match of the tournament.

"Garlan rarely lasts this long," Margaery says in awe of her older brother.

"Yes, but he has something to win," Elinor says glancing over to where the rest of the Tyrells were seated. Margaery's followed Elinor's gaze and saw Leonette cheering proudly for Garlan. Margaery understood what Elinor was saying, but Leonette was always there when Garlan jousted and never did he care.

"Leonette has never cared before," Margaery said.

"Garlan and Leonette have been apart for some time," Elinor says, "He has something to prove to her."