Elinor

LIMERENCE | XI.
ELINOR MARTELL
Highgarden | 299 a.c.

ELINOR AND MARIAH SAT OUTSIDE under the warm glare of the Highgarden sun

ELINOR AND MARIAH SAT OUTSIDE under the warm glare of the Highgarden sun. There were whispers of winter returning, but Elinor didn't believe it, not on a warm day like this. Mariah loved being outdoors, most importantly, she loved being able to watch her uncles as they trained with each other. With every loud clink of a sword, Mariah grew more and more excited.

"I wanna do it, Mama!" Mariah exclaimed, her eyes growing wider with excitement. A soft laugh escaped Elinor. It seemed that she had more of her grandfather's attributes than Mariah had expected.

"Someday," Elinor told her, "But not today."

Mariah pouted but calmed down in her mother's lap. When Garlan and Loras took a break, they came over and greeted Mariah with wide smiles.

"How are you, Mariah?" Garlan asked as he kneeled before his niece, making it easier for her to look at him.

"Good," Mariah told him, "Mama won't let me have a sword."

"Reasonable," Loras says, "Because the sword would be taller than you."

"Would not!" Mariah exclaims, "I'm big."

"Oh really?" Loras says raising an eyebrow, "Are you bigger than Mama and Papa?"

Mariah opens her mouth, Elinor knows she has a rebuttal on her tongue, but she quickly closes it, realizing that this was not a battle she wanted to have, "No."

Loras laughs, "Then no sword for you quite yet."

Mariah huffs and crosses her arms over her chest and Elinor shakes her head at her daughter's antics. She spent an alarming amount of time with Margaery, resulting in many of her mannerisms being picked up. To Elinor's dismay, she had learned a bit of Margaery's attitude.

"She reminds me of Margaery when we were younger. Always wanting something and never getting it," Garlan tells her with a chuckle.

"Hopefully she grows out of it," Elinor says, "We can't have two Margaerys. That would be terrible."

"Margaery would beg to differ," Loras teases, "She'd love it if Mariah grew up to be just like her."

"I won't allow that," Elinor says, tickling Mariah's side, "You want to be like Mama, right?"

Mariah squirms and giggles in her arm nodding her head as she turns to face Elinor and wraps her tiny arms around Elinor's neck.

"I wanna be like Mama!" Mariah exclaims as she presses a sloppy wet kiss to Elinor's cheek. Elinor beams proudly at her daughter. The love of her daughter warmed her in a way she couldn't explain.

"So this is where everyone is," Elinor glances over to see Margaery standing near a hedge. She was dressed in red, a color she rarely wore, but Elinor thought she looked lovely, then again Margaery looked beautiful in anything she wore.