Chapter 11- Blurry Lines

--Marcos POV--

"Yeah, that's fine," I ended the call, dumping my phone on the counter as I continued to whisk through the scrambled eggs, adding some more sugar to the mixture while the two mugs of coffee brewed beside me.

Once the eggs were cooked, I equally divided them into the two waiting plates, and went to look at the time on my wristwatch which read half twelve. I see another thing that hasn't changed about Dahlia is how she loved to sleep in, although I may have played a part this time since she was awake most of the night.

I couldn't help the small grin that crept onto my face at the distinct memories that flashed through my mind, that was a night that I won't be forgetting about anytime soon, and the same can be said about her too.

Her pleasure-filled face, half lidded eyes which glowed with desire, the seductive body that lay under me and sat atop me, the way the light danced off her caramelised skin as she moved her said body, and the sounds that broke through her voice after she tried so hard to keep it hidden; I shivered from just thinking about it. 

Taking a sip of my coffee, I went to check in on her to see her drowning under the covers as she began to wake up with the few morning rays of sunshine that cast themselves over her.

"Time to wake up, sleepyhead. The food's going to go cold," I went to sit beside her, moving the covers away from her face as she squeezed her eyes shut tighter when the light hit her. Chuckling, I leaned down to pepper her bare shoulders with my kisses, stirring her awake as her arm moved to rest over her face, and she blinked her eyes open, looking at me in a trance.

"What are you doing here?" She croaked out in a hazy voice.

"Was I that bad in bed that you've forgotten everything?" I made a face as I jokingly spoke, and simply watched as she blinked a few times while the memories of the said night flashed through her eyes, and as if to make sure that it wasn't all a dream, she peeked under the covers to catch her naked body before gasping and pulling the covers right back up to shield herself from me.

"Look away!" She tried pushing me away with one arm as I laughed, catching her hand in mine as I kissed her palm, looking her in her eyes while the rest of her face was stained a beautiful shade of pink, and kissed myself up, going from her palm to down her arm as I paused on her shoulder while she glared at me, embarrassed.

"I said one night," She verified, sending me a judging look as if I broke a term of our agreement.

"In my defence..." I started, pushing her down on her back as I crawled above her, looking down at her as she was too busy trying to pull the covers up her body as if I hadn't already seen every inch of her tantalizing body.

"...You said one night in the very early hours of the morning," I spoke, brushing her front fringe away from her eyes so that I could see them, and the way the sun was casting itself down on her right now made her look like some sort of angelic being. "Around 1 am, to be specific. So, the night hasn't exactly started for me to have you," I closed my eyes as smiled innocently.

"Why you- Get off me, you filthy, insatiable, hunk of a man," And she kicked my abdomen as I hissed, falling face-flat beside her as she jumped out of bed, taking the covers to wrap around her before running off to the bathroom.

Since when has Dahlia been such a wildfire?

Groaning, I sat up in bed as I went to massage the sore spot she just kneeled, and patiently waited for her to come out of the bathroom so we could eat a cold breakfast together.

She came out a few minutes later, dressed in a casual oversized sweater with her hair undone and running in waves around her, and I propped myself back on my arms as I watched her go to sit on her vanity table where she did her morning skincare and brushed the knots out of her hair, glaring at me through the reflection of the mirror whenever her eyes caught mine.