Chapter 15- Changing Minds

--Dahlia POV--

"I'm sorry... What did you just say?" I had to clean my ears to make sure I didn't mishear him.

He leaned forward, hands interlocked behind his back.

"The first thing you thought of when you saw me today; What was it?" I leaned back, meeting his gaze as I glared at him, not wanting to have to say it aloud. "I thought the same thing when I first saw you," He spoke when he realised that I wasn't going to.

"Just because I thought of that doesn't mean I want to do it with you again, besides, you didn't even have the decency to say please, so that only makes me want to say no even more,"

"Please?" I was expecting that, but still, a scoff of a laugh left my throat as I took a step back.

"Why do you want to sleep with me anyways? Is sex all you think about?" I asked, raising a brow.

"It's not the sex that I want, while it's definitely a plus, it's only part of it." Crossing my arms, I judged him as I wondered if I should believe him or not.

"Then what is it that you want?" I decided to ask.

"It's quite simple really... You. All of you."

He chuckled, placing a hand on my cheek when my face lit up with a blush. I don't know how to reply to that, since when was he such a romantic? It's taken me by surprise.

"Then why sex? Why not something like a date?" He blinked, apparently not having thought of that before. And this man was supposed to be smart, I'm starting to doubt it.

"Then, would you like to go on a-"

"Boss!? What are you doing? It's time to cut the ribbon... Oh, you too, Miss Tarantino," 

We both turned to see Marcos' secretary stood there with the door open, and I could see everyone getting into their positions as they got ready to cut the said ribbon.

"Okay, I'm coming," I turned to leave, pausing to look at Marcos who was refusing to look away from me. He looked like he had something to say, but didn't dare to open his mouth, afraid or my reaction, and that made me smile.

And when he looked like that, I couldn't stop myself from giving him the benefit of the doubt. Just this one time, I'll let him get away with it.

Turning to look at him, I placed a hand on his cheek, much to his surprise.

"If you were going to ask me out on a date, then my answer is yes."

His eyes lit up with surprise, but before he could do anything, I spun on my heel and left the store, greeting all the flashing lights of people's cameras as I took the scissors that one of the workers handed to me, and went to stand by Lucian as he gestured me to stand beside him.

"I want an invitation to the wedding," He leaned down to whisper to me, and as I shot my head up to look at him, he was smiling at the reporters as if he hadn't just said that.

I noticed Marcos stepping out of the store as he went to stand on the other side of Lucian with his own pair of scissors, but I quickly turned back to the crowd when I caught him turning his gaze to catch mine.

"At least wait until the party's over to jump each other, guys. You can't be making it any more obvious than you already are," Lucian spoke once more, eyes still fixed in front of him.

"Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate the opening of our store, hopefully one of many stores to be opened in this beautiful city. A lot of hard work has been put into this business, and I have everyone involved to thank for that..."