Chapter 35- A Fairytale Dream

--Dahlia POV--

I never thought I'd be one of the lucky people that gets to get married, but here we are. A ring on my finger, and a handsome man promising me his love. Things couldn't get any better.

"The surprises aren't over yet, my darling," He chimed in, snapping me out of my rose-coloured trance as I looked at him.

"You mean the rest of the gifts?" I asked as he shook his head.

"They should be here by now. Let's head inside." He gently nudged me inside, arm weaving itself around my waist while I walked beside him.

"What?" I asked, but he didn't reply.

"You mean who..." Pausing by the doors that led into the lounge, my eyes widened at the sight in front of me, and for a moment, it truly felt as though I were dreaming.

"...Papa..." My breath hitched, words getting stuck in my throat.

"There she is!" Papa Nico was the first to shout out as he pulled me in for a tight hug.

"We missed you so much!" He sounded like he was on the verge of tears, but I wouldn't know with my face being buried in his chest.

"Let her breathe, you're going to kill her," Papa Oliver spoke this time as he shoved Nico aside to take his turn in hugging me.

"What are you both doing here?" I asked, hugging him back as I did.

"You're getting married, and I'm not going to miss my only daughter's wedding no matter what. Also, it was a good excuse to follow you here, I've been wanting to meet the people you've been gushing about in your letters, especially my little namesake; He's just as handsome as I imagined, makes sense with his name." Papa Nico grinned, holding the younger Nico in his arms.

"How were you even able to get here so fast?" I pulled away, looking around the room to all the other people who made their appearance, still trying to come to terms with it. Just a few days ago, I was the only guest here, but now there are so many people, all who came here for me.

"Ask your future husband that. I took a week's leave off work for you, you better appreciate me," Isaac said this time, moving forward to hug me as I turned to look at Marcos.

"It would have taken too long if they took the jet, then the car, and then walked. I quickly bought some land at the back of this village that wasn't being used, got some villagers to help make a quick make-shift heliport, and that's how they got here. On a helicopter." He sheepishly shrugged as I sighed, not the least bit surprised.

"And I say it's all money spent well. This proposal definitely can't be something that I've misunderstood, right?" Marcos's mother said as I grinned at her, thinking about the very misunderstanding that she was talking about; That truly felt like it happened years ago.

"No, there's no misunderstandings this time, I assure you," Pushing Isaac aside, I went to hug her as she laughed, hugging me back.

"What do you all think of the village? Beautiful, isn't it? And the people here make it so much more beautiful, wait till you see it when the suns up," I excitedly spoke, getting off-topic for a moment which Isaac was quick to bring me back from.

"We can't wait. But before we go sightseeing, we've got a wedding to prepare. We got some stuff for the said wedding, including this..." I blinked, jaw falling agape when he pulled out a small bouquet from one of his bags, it was heavily wrapped up to prevent it from falling apart on the journey, but I didn't need to properly open it to see what it was.

"A dahlia bouquet?"

"The best you'll ever see." He handed it to me as I inhaled the sweet scent.

"Thank you." And I went to hug my best friend again.