Chapter 13- To Woo a Woman

--Marcos POV--

"Have you signed all the documents I told you to yet?" Carlos asked.

"Yes, so if you would just go and check your emails instead of pestering me, then I'll highly appreciate it," I pointed to the door, about ready to start begging him to go, but he paid me no mind and continued tapping away on his iPad.

"Okay, good. And you're aware of the business meeting you have with the prospective new investor at 1 pm today?"

"Yes, I'm aware," I rolled my eyes.

"And-"

"I'm aware of the shareholders meeting, and the interviews I have to give too. And I'm even aware of the opening of the new branch that I have to do tomorrow, and-"

"-Okay, I get it. I'll leave you alone for now then... So, about the sponsorship tomorrow-"

"-Yes, yes. I got it all sorted it out," I cut him off with a sigh as he gave me an odd look that told me he didn't believe me.

"Really?" He's lucky he's standing a safe distance away from me so that I can't beat him up.

"Affirmative," I said despite my growing anger.

"Then just hurry up and finish reading the conditions of that agreement I told you to do last week," I glared after him as he left my office, shutting the door behind him as he left, and for a moment, I sat in silence, not doing anything until the sound of his shoes had faded away.

Turning to my monitor, I opened a new tab away from the one that Carlos had left me on, and searched the web for answers to my questions because Dahlia Tarantino has put me in a complicated situation where I didn't know how to navigate myself through it.

How to win the heart of a woman that wants nothing to do with you.

I searched through all the articles, and clicked the first one; 10 simple but meaningful ways to win the heart of a woman. Sounds promising.

I was desperate, I didn't have a way of contacting her, and I needed to see her again. So, whenever that would next be, I need to be prepared to impress her.

The things I'm doing for this woman. With a sigh, I read the article.

1. Approach her. Done that, it didn't work.

2. Compliment her. I had to take a moment to think about that one, I doubt that's all it would take to get her to love this so-called updated version of me.

3. Smell nice. I always smell nice, was this article trying to insinuate that men were stinky? If so, the standards women have for men really need to be heightened.

4. Don't double text. I opened another tab to find out what that was, but then realised it didn't even matter since I never texted her, I couldn't even if I wanted to since I didn't have her number, a stupid mistake that slipped my mind, really.

5. Request to see her again. Tried that too, all I got in reply was a statement that told me she didn't love me, heart-breaking, to be honest, it kept me up at night.

"Ugh, these are all so stupid. Is there nothing genuinely useful in this sorry excuse of an article?" Despite my annoyance, I continued to scroll through the webpage anyway.

6. Win over her friends. Did Dahlia have friends? What was his name again? Right, Isaac D'Angelo, the guy I thought was her lover at first, but it turns out that he's a brother.

7. Be financially stable. I was more than financially stable.

8. Be pursuant. Pursuant? I read over the small paragraph that went into depth about the point. Pursue her without pressuring her, show her that you want her for more than her appearance, and show her what there is to love about you.