Chapter 17- Uninvited Situations

--Dahlia POV--

Having a cold was not part of the plan.

While I did wake up to feeling dizzy, and my nose was running with ungodly amounts of snot, I didn't pay it much mind, and simply dismissed it as hay fever. But clearly, this was no longer just hay fever, because I had somehow, apparently, been unfortunate enough to catch a cold.

At this inopportune moment, I've caught a cold. And now that I was diagnosed, I realised just how bad having a cold is, I hated it.

I was supposed to be getting dressed up, and worrying about my first ever date. But here I was, unable to sit up without feeling the blood rushing to my head in a dizzying spell with an uninvited cold. A stuffed nose, throbbing head, and churning stomach, this situation could not have gotten any worse.

"Hey, darling. How are you?" I groaned, turning to my side as I pulled the blanket up to cover my face when my bedroom door peeped open, and Nino walked in with both a worrying yet amused look on his face.

There was no way that I was going to stay at Marcos's house in my feverish state, so as soon as I could, which was five minutes, I called Oliver to pick me up, and as soon as I got home, I slipped into my pyjamas before jumping into bed. I think that was a few hours ago, because I haven't moved since then.

"I'm terrible..." I grumbled, having to pause with a coughing fit as I gulped back the urge to throw up from just speaking.

"Here, eat something," I outwardly gagged as he attempted to place the tray of food on my lap, hunching over to the side, and away from the food as I covered my mouth and nose. Forget eating food, I couldn't seem to keep anything in my stomach.

"Maybe all those colds you managed to steer clear of are finally coming to hit you in the face all at once?" I groaned at his words, berrying my face in my pillow as he stroked my hair with an entertained laugh.

"When will I get better? Being ill is horrible," I complained with a muffled voice.

"And yet you used to try and fake being ill so you wouldn't have to go to school," He reminded.

"Yeah, faking it and actually going through it are two different things." I pointed out as he hummed along, placing the tray of food on the side cabinet as I continued to complain to him for the next few minutes until I eventually fell asleep.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it even a little bit, because, to be honest, it was nice to have a day off, I don't remember the last time I had a day off, maybe a few months ago? It was also nice to be coddled by my two fathers. Despite how much I hated worrying them, it reminded me of how loved I was when they did worry.

I had a dreamless slumber that night, and when I woke up the next day, while I still felt groggy and had an annoying stuffed nose, I felt much more alive than I did a few hours ago, and to add to that feeling, I was able to walk without my vision trembling.

"Morning, sunshine," 

Nico greeted with a cheerful smile as he always did when I entered the dining room to see him sat at his usual place around the circular table, a cup of tea in one hand, and the daily newspaper in the other.

"Morning," I grinned, kissing his cheek before going to sit in my seat.

And not a moment later, Oliver walked in with his usual stoic personality, going straight to kiss my forehead before feeling the said forehead for any sign of an elevated temperature.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm on my way to making a full recovery,"

"Well, thank god for that. With the way you were acting yesterday, we thought you were at death's doors," Nico joked as I glared at him to which he replied by raising his hands in surrender, puckering his lips as Oliver went to give him a kiss.