Chapter 16- To Notice the Forgotten

--Marcos POV--

I woke up with a start, the sun's rays casting its morning hues across my tired features as a low groan broke through my throat, and running a hand down my face, I pushed myself to sit up on the large bed, looking around my room in a daze.

And when last night's events eventually decided to remind me of what happened yesterday, I shot my head to look beside me only to come up empty.

I swear Dahlia is supposed to be here... Was it all just a dream?

But the ruffled sheets that smelt of her intoxicating perfume said otherwise, and as I looked further across the room, I noticed a pink silk dress neatly folded and sitting on the couch, and not to mention, the memories were, without a doubt, far too real to be just a dream.

Getting out of bed, I went to wash up in the connected bathroom before getting changed into a black jumper and trousers, sliding into my slippers as I strolled out of my bedroom, walking down the corridor and down the stairs in a confused state of mind.

Running my fingers through my damp hair, I cautiously looked around myself in the event that she jumped out of nowhere. She loved pulling pranks on me in the past, it would make sense to believe she's not gotten over that habit.

So, I'm certain that Dahlia was with me last night, but did she just disappear in the morning? Her clothes were still here, but where was she?

As I entered the main dining room where I usually ate any meal alone when I was at home, I noticed a new unfamiliar smell wafting through the air, thinking that Benjamin, the chef, was experimenting with a new breakfast dish. But I was soon proven wrong when I decided to follow the smell, heading to the kitchen where I found the answers to my questions.

There she was, looking unfairly sexy as she wore one of my shirts, clearly having stolen it from my closet while I was still asleep, and with her long legs exposed for my eyes to feast on, her feet were covered with a pair of slippers that were too big for her, and her hair was tied into a loose ponytail, looking as though it fell free from a bun.

Humming a small tune to herself, she stirred something in a pan, casually waving her hips around to the sound of her own voice as I covered my mouth with a fisted hand to hold back the amused laughter that attempted to break free.

Stepping forward, I walked around the island to stand behind her, and noticing my presence, she paused her small concert to turn around, but just before she could, I wrapped my arms around her waist, leaning down to rest my chin atop her head.

I felt her jump in surprise, but she quickly composed herself, leaning her head back to look up at me as I smiled down at her, refusing to untie my arms from around her waist.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I should be asking you that. I woke up thinking last night was a dream, but then I see you dancing in my kitchen like some sort of seductress," I whispered back.

"I woke up early, and you looked like you were having a good sleep so I didn't wake you up. Also, I used your shower, hope you don't mind, and I also borrowed a shirt, which I also hope you don't mind. I'll wash it before returning it, don't worry,"

"You don't need to worry about that," I smiled down at her oblivious self as she turned her head back down to continue whisking the scrambled eggs she was making.

"I don't?" She echoed.

"In fact, I quite love the sight of you in my clothes. And don't bother washing it either, I like your smell," She scoffed, laughing at my words a moment later.

"Benjamin said that you eat anything he gives you for breakfast, and that didn't really help so I went with some basic scrambled eggs. Is that okay?"

"If you're making it, I'll eat anything," I tightened my hold on her, leaning down to kiss her neck as she tried pushing me away, only making me crawl up to kiss her cheek, leaning back for a moment to catch her glare which I replied with a happy grin of my own.