Chapter 19- First Love

--Dahlia POV--

My life was slowly getting increasingly exciting by the day with the appearance of my birth mother. Contrary to my original beliefs, she's quickly becoming a part of my life, and while Nico's warmed up to her, Oliver and Marcos are still working on it.

She comes over most days and we simply sit and chat about the little things together, but my birth father was a topic of conversation that neither of us were comfortable with starting. Other than that, on some days, I even invited her over to watch me practice skating for my upcoming competition, and surprisingly, she's shown a keen interest in the sport.

But I realised that when I said my cold was starting to get better, I may have spoken too soon. Just as I had started to feel better, I was falling into another state of tiredness and nausea. My body is just as confusing as my mind; I went from catching colds all the time to being immune to it when I started figure skating professionally to falling back into another cold route.

And, to make matters somewhat worse, Marcos has been spending an awful lot of time at my house, and I'd go so far as to say that he's spending more time here than at his own home.

Now being a prime example of what I mean.

As I stirred awake to reality, the thumping of my headache, and bubbling of my stomach-ache was enough to put me in a foul mood first thing in the morning. And unfortunately, I could notice myself getting used to it.

Not to mention, I loved my pillow, and I especially loved it when my head could be comforted by its softness instead of the solid surface that I was having to wake up on instead. That solid surface was none other than Marcos Romano's arm, an uncomfortable excuse of an arm pillow.

I turned over on my side, watching as his face scrunched up in his sleep from the little disruption my movement caused, and held my breath as he unconsciously brought me closer to his half-naked body, wrapping a firm arm around my waist.

How much longer do I need to keep waking up like this?

Picking my hand up, I flicked his nose, watching as he stirred awake, groaning while running a hand down his face in an attempt to wash away the sleep.

"Is that how you wake a person up?" He grumbled.

"An uninvited one that keeps making his way into my bed somehow, yes." I glared, picking my head up as I went to grab his arm, and threw it over his stomach before placing my head back down on my pillow, smiling at the comfort.

"You're making me out to be such a villain, but you don't say anything when you see me getting into bed with you at night," He propped his arm up on the pillow to look down at me.

"That's because I've given up, you clearly don't intend to listen to me. But, at the very least, if you're going to sleep in the same bed as me, then stay on your damned side of the bed," I almost cussed, glaring at him as he released a long sigh in reply.

"You're so mean to me, Dahlia," He had the audacity to pout.

"What? Is it going to make you not want to fall in love with me anymore?" I smirked, perching my own head onto my arm like him, trying to hide my amusement.

"Don't be silly. If anything, it's doing the complete opposite, if you were this feisty since our high school days then I'm certain that I would have fallen for you back then," And the smirk turned upside down, he always had something to say.

Scoffing, I moved to get out of the bed, ignoring his amused laughs.

"But do you really have to wake up so early every day? I thought you were recovering from a cold?" His voice followed me as I went to pack my duffel bag with all my training equipment, pausing as I did to look at the time; 6.30 am, that's my usual time.