2. Poptarts are to Die for

I had been in the mansion for about 2 years.

I was 19 now and my perspective of the people who resided here along with me had changed since I first arrived.

When I first arrived, I thought Jeff was the scariest person here. I quickly learned, that it was actually Masky. No one wanted to piss him off when he was off his meds. It was a nightmare.

I also thought that people here would be shitty people because they're murderers.

I mean, yeah they are shitty, but they aren't bad. They'll support you if you come out as gay or trans, they aren't racist or ableist, they're pretty chill people.

Everyone has something wrong with them. That's why they're here. But we all still manage to get along, like one big, kinda happy, extremely dysfunctional family.

That being said, currently I was running for my life from Jeff.

I had woken up early and decided I would get a snack before training. After I ransacked the fridge and cupboard, the only thing I found was a box of strawberry poptarts. There was only one left.

As I was unwrapping the pop tart and walking to the recycling bin to throw away the box, Jeff came down the stairs.

We made eye contact, Jeff not blinking. It wasn't like he could anyways, he didn't have eyelids.

Jeff shook his head slightly, and I raised the unwrapped pop tart towards my mouth. He shook his head harder as I tossed the empty box into the recycle bin.

When I quickly bit into the poptart though, everything went downhill.

Jeff had pulled a knife out of his hoodie pocket and charged at me. I was quick though and darted down the hall, the poptart in my hand while my other hand reached for the hatchet that was attached to my belt.

I saw Masky and Hoodie having what looked like a serious conversation in the hallway up ahead. I quickly dodged them and detached my hatchet from my belt, still running from my persecutor.

Jeff, on the other hand, didn't dodge them. All three of them tumbled to the floor.

Jeff was up quickly again though, sprinting back towards me while Masky shouted curses at him.

I would say Hoodie is too polite to shout curses, though he's always been on the more neutral side and probably just didn't want to make anyone angry. Or more angry than they already were in this situation.

Masky on the other hand, couldn't be bothered to give a fuck. He had no more fucks to give. He wasted all his fucks. Probably on- yeah I'll just stop there.

Jeff was still chasing me. I needed a plan to figure out what the fuck to do because I didn't plan on becoming a new addition to his target practice routine.

I quickly turned down another hallway and spotted Jane. I felt extremely bad about what I was about to do, but I valued myself more than I valued her (sorry Jane).

I ran straight towards Jane and then hid behind her, taking another bite out of my pop tart. She turned around in confusion to look at me but her head snapped back forwards when she heard Jeff yelling.

With that, she raced off towards him.

That would probably keep them entertained for long enough.

I walked over to the couch and flopped down onto it, taking another bite out of my pop tart occasionally. I watched BEN do epic gamer stuff while he played super smash bros. It wasn't super interesting to me, but I could pretend it was.

He knocked someone off the map and then a screen was displayed, and guess what? He got first place. Such a big surprise.

I finished my pop tart a while ago and was now just sitting on the couch, half asleep. Of course, my peacefulness had to be interrupted though.