8. L + Bozo + Ratio + No Eyes

I woke up on the forest floor. Everything was pretty dark, considering it was still night time. The only difference from when I passed out, was the bodies of what looked like every single member of the cult.

They all looked like they had been brutally murdered. They probably had. The only person standing up was someone who was facing a girl with brown hair who was propped up against a tree.

He turned away from her and leaned down to pick up a mask off the ground. He walked towards the edge of the clearing, but didn't make it far before he fell stumbled and fell down onto his knees.

I stood up and ran as best as I could, considering I had just passed out, over to him. I slid down onto my knees in front of him. I already knew who it was.

"Jack?" I asked, putting my hands on his shoulders. He was looking at the ground, seemingly in a daze.

He didn't answer me, but lifted his head up to look at me. I nearly cried.

His eyes were gone, leaving holes in place of where they were. There was a black substance leaking down his face from his eye sockets. There was also some leaking out of the corners of his mouth.

His skin had gone from pale to nearly gray.

Then he fell to his side, his eyes closing. I pulled him so that he would fall on me. I ended up holding him on the ground, finally letting myself cry. I cried until I passed out.

When I woke up again, I wasn't at the collage, or on the ground of the forest. I was in a familiar room. I instantly recognized it as the medical wing at the mansion. I was home.

Nurse Ann noticed me awake and walked over to me.

"Doing alright?" She asked, sitting me up so she could check my vitals.

I nodded in confirmation, my mouth feeling too dry to speak.

She laughed, though it didn't feel like necessarily happy one. "Next time you decide to disappear, might want to give Masky or Hoodie a heads up. It was pretty startling for them when they got up and saw you weren't there.

I looked down, I hadn't even considered that Masky and Hoodie would freak out when they found out I was gone.

The door opened up and Masky and Hoodie walked in. Talk about perfect timing.

Masky surprised me though, because the first thing he did when he saw me awake was run over and hug me tightly.

"Do you know how worried I was when I found you laying on the floor in the middle of a shit ton of dead bodies?" Masky said, burying his face into my shoulder.

I didn't know what to do. Masky had never shown me that he cared about me, or anyone for that matter. Him randomly hugging me caught me off guard.

"I'm sorry," I managed to whisper.

I felt my shoulder dampen, and realized he was crying.

After a while he let go and tried to discreetly wipe his eyes before putting his mask back over his face.

"Jack?" I asked, my voice cracking.

Hoodie and Masky looked at each other before Masky replied.

"He's okay. We got him settled into a room, though he hasn't quite come out of it yet. We were giving him normal food for a while, though he wasn't eating any of it. Jeff suggested that we try giving him some human meat and he finally ate that. He hasn't talked to anyone since he got here," Masky informed me.

So, the person I became friends with because of a mission, the person who patched me up when Masky decided that assaulting me would be the best way to get close to him, was now an eyeless cannibal. I didn't have anything against cannibalism, hell Jeff sometimes eats people he kills, I've done it before too, though didn't like the taste. It was slightly startling though to figure out the quite collage kid was now a cannibal. It made me a little anxious, too. I wondered what he was like, and what was going on with him right now. What he was doing.

I stood up, intending to go see him, but immediately fell onto the ground.

"Shit- Toby are you okay?" Masky asked, helping me up from the ground.

I looked down at my leg to see bandages covering most of my upper thigh.

I tilted my head at him and he filled me in. "You fell at some point while you were outside, and a sharp branch went through your leg. It didn't make contact with the bone but went straight through. We assumed you got up and some point and didn't realize it was there. When you stood up, the branch got ripped out of your leg. It left a large hole in it."

I looked up at him then back down at my leg. Sometimes I felt like if something was severe enough it would hurt, though it never did. This was an example of that. I feel like this should have hurt. It didn't though.

"Jack," I said, repeating myself from earlier.

"You want to go to Jack's room?" Hoodie asked.

I nodded. Masky put my arm over his shoulder and helped me out of the medical wing after receiving a quick nod from Ann, showing that I was good to go.

Getting up the stairs was more of a challenge. It took about 5 minutes and a lot of help from Hoodie, but we finally did it.

Masky took me down the hall and showed me to Jack's door. It was painted a dark blue and had black dripping down from the top of it.

Masky knocked on it. There was some shuffling from inside before the door opened a crack. The room inside was dark.

"Toby wanted to see you."

That got the door to open a lot further, an invitation to go into the room. Masky looked at me, silently asking if I could go myself. I used my free arm to steady myself against the wall and nodded. He then let me go, making sure I was stable.

Masky then walked down the hall and disappeared into his room.

I made my way into the room, relying heavily on the wall for support. Once I was inside, the door closed, filling the room with completely darkness. I stayed where I was, waiting for Jack to do something.

I felt something brush against my arm, then there was a voice.

"Toby?"

I could tell it was Jack who said it, though his voice sounded raspier, like his vocal cords had been somehow damaged.

"Jack."

There was a pause before I felt two arms tightly wrap around my waist and a head fall onto my shoulder. The height difference made the position slightly awkward, considering Jack was about 8 inches taller than me. I hugged back, putting my arms around his upper arms and squeezing him tightly, holding our bodies closely together.

"Toby I can't see," Jack whispered softly. His voice sounded like he was about to cry.

"Is that why the lights are off?" I asked him, still holding him tightly.

I felt him nod against my shoulder.

"It's okay, we'll get through it. I'll help you," I reassured him.

"Promise?"

"Promise."