5. Masky Sucks

Jack had taken me out of class, explaining the situation to the professor. Of course, Jack left out a few details, such as the severity of the cut.

We had gone back to his dorm. It was pretty late at night, but his roommate wasn't home.

"Where's your roommate?" I asked Jack as he pulled me towards the bathroom by my non-injured hand.

"Probably out having sex," He said as he made a turn into the bathroom. I didn't really expect him to be that blunt.

"That's, cool?" I wasn't sure how to respond.

"It's okay," He said.

I hopped up onto the counter while he grabbed a first aid kit.

"I'm gonna have to stitch it up. You want numbing cream for that, Mr. High Pain Tolerance?" Jack partially joked. I'm sure he was extremely suspicious of me at this point, but he hadn't brought anything specific up yet so I might be off the hook.

"I'll be okay," I grinned at him.

He just rolled his eyes playfully and got to work. I could tell he was good at it because of how quickly and efficiently he stitched up the gash. Afterwards, he wrapped my hand up in bandages.

"I'm gonna assume you know the drill for bandages, considering your in med school, so I'll let you go back to your dorm. It's getting pretty late." I nodded and walked with him out into the hall outside his dorm.

"Thanks for helping me," I smiled at him gratefully.

"Anytime," He smiled back. Then Jack was gone, and I was staring at a closed door. I don't know what happened, but I was fairly certain I felt something other than normal happiness while Jack stitched my hand.

It felt more intense.

I sighed and walked back to my dorm. This was a thought for another time.

When I arrived back at the dorm, Masky and Hoodie were already inside. Hoodie looked up at me first, then his eyes trailed down to my bandaged hand. He tilted his head questioningly.

"Apparently I'm not good at dissections," Is all I said before I went to bed.

I woke up to my stupid phone alarm. It was loud and annoying and wouldn't let me sleep. I groaned before turning it off.

After that, I buried my face in my pillow and procrastinated.

Eventually I got up and got ready.

"You're first class is with our target, okay? Make sure you keep an eye on him and report back to be," Masky said as he dried his hair with a towel. He was wearing a flannel and blue jeans. Hoodie was wearing his normal hoodie, but with a black jacket over it and blue jeans.

"Got it," I acknowledged, then I left the two and was on my way to my first class. I checked the clock on my phone. 9:53am. I didn't have time to eat breakfast, but that was okay. I would just eat lunch.

"Hey Toby," I heard an extremely familiar voice call out to me. Jack was waiting for me by the elevator. He pushed off the wall and walked towards me. "I figured since we share the same class we could walk together?"

I just nodded, too tired to do much more than that. He grinned at me and walked over to the elevators, clicking the down button.

We waited about two minutes before the elevator got there. Me and Jack stepped into in and Jack pushed the first floor button. The ride felt painfully long, especially when the elevator stopped at the second floor to pick up more people.

Me and Jack finally left the elevator, quickly walking to our class. Today, Jack sat next to me. When I tilted my head at him he just smiled.

I got out a notebook and started writing.