9. Tobys Homosexual Tendencies

Me and Jack eventually sat down on his bed. He filled me in on what had been happening and I listened to everything he said.

He told me about how ever since he lost his eyes, he had been more able to sense where something was, like if there was a table next to him he would know it was there. He was also able to hear things much better than the average person.

Jack had quickly memorized the layout of his room so he was able to navigate around it. He was scared about leaving his room because he didn't want to embarrass himself while trying to memorize the layout of the mansion.

I offered to help him around later, and he agreed hesitantly. I knew it could be scary after first arriving, though when I first got here I didn't have anyone who was particularly helpful. Jack had me though, and I would help him as much as I could.

I had asked if it was okay to turn the light on, and Jack agreed. I didn't quite know the layout of his room and that made it difficult for me to get around. Jack helped me over to the area next to the door so I could turn it on. After a couple minutes of blindly patting the wall, Jack grabbed my wrist and guided my hand over to a light switch. I flicked it on and took in the room.

I leaned my back against the wall and began to look around the room. It was like most other rooms, though there were blood stains in the carpet, probably from him meals. There was nothing on the walls, though it probably didn't matter to Jack, considering he couldn't see them if they were there anyways.

Jack himself had changed too. He wore a blue mask that had two black holes in it where his eyes should be. It was the same mask everyone else in the cult had been wearing, except his had a black substance flowing down from the sockets. His hood was pulled down, which exposed his hair. It hadn't changed much, though it looked extremely tangled and there was some blood in it.

Jack wasn't wearing gloves, which was something most residents did. It helped to prevent leaving fingerprints at crime scenes. His hands were also tinted gray. His fingernails were slightly longer and more claw like, though we're still painted black. I smiled at the familiar sight.

Jack was wearing the black hoodie he always wore, along with some black pants and doc martens.

"Toby?" Jack asked.

"Huh?"

"You've been quiet."

"Oh right, I'm sorry. I was just looking at your nails," I said. I had been really taking in every detail of him that I could, but I didn't want to come off as creepy.

"I slid a paper outside of my door requesting some and Hoodie gave it to me when he was giving me a meal. I hope they turned out well."

I smiled, "Yeah they did, you're still pretty good at painting them."

I heard him laugh slightly, "I have to be good at something, don't I?"

"You're good at a lot of things," I told him.

He tilted his head, "Like...?"

"You're good at stitching me up after I've been a dumbass, you're good at reading, listening to people, comforting people, dissections, and a lot more too."

He sighed, "I can't read any more though, can I?"

I looked down for a second before having an idea, "That doesn't mean you can't read ever, you could always learn braille."

He made 'eye' contact with me, and I guess he was smiling.

"Yeah maybe I should learn braille. From what I've heard I'll be here for a while," I could hear the smile in his voice. "Oh, Toby?"