11. Sleepy Cuddles

Jack had finally returned home from the mission he had been sent out on.

It was 2 in the morning. I was waiting for him on the couch, half asleep and mindlessly sipping on a cup of apple juice through one of those twirly straws.

The door opened pretty quietly, though I still snapped my head up, all the sudden more awake than before. Jack eased himself through the doorway, then shut the door just as quietly as he had opened it.

I quickly set down my apple juice and threw myself up and ran at him, throwing my arms around him in a hug, effectively startling him.

"Holy fuck-" Jack turned his head to look over his shoulder at me and 'glared'. "Toby."

"Jack." I mocked.

"Don't startle me like that," Jack said, ignoring my previous comment.

"But you're fun to scareeee," I said, slightly slurring my words.

"How long have you been up?" Jack asked, moving my arms off of him and grabbing my hand to guide me upstairs, the cup of apple juice long forgotten.

"Uhh," I tried to count my fingers on my free hand, though was unsuccessful, "Since like 4 or something," I grinned, my eyes half closed.

"Pm?" Jack asked.

"Am," I said, climbing up the stairs sleepily.

"Toby, you need more sleep than that," Jack scolded, turning down the hallway and leading me to my room.

"But I wanted to be here when you came back from your mission," I complained.

"It was just a mission, it wasn't that big of a deal."

"It was your first solo mission though."

"Still not that big of a deal," Jack opened my door and dragged to over to my bed. He had been in my room enough over the past couple weeks to become familiar with the layout.

Jack had gotten used to the layout of the mansion quickly, which definitely helped him feel more confident.

I face planted onto my bed, sleepiness already starting to drag me under.

I turned my head and saw Jack leaving.

"Wait don't goooo," I said drowsily.

Jack turned his head towards me, "I have to go to sleep too, you know."

"I know," I mumbled, frowning slightly, "Can't you just stay in here for the night though?"

Jack sighed, "Fine, I'm going to go shower first though, I'm still covered in blood."

I smiled and rolled over to the far side of the bed as Jack disappeared from the doorway.

A while later he came back, his hair still damp from the shower.

He closed my door and made his way over to the bed.

"Hiiii," I said sleepily.

"Hi Toby," Jack responded.

He took off his mask and set it down on the bedside table, the climbed into bed with me. I automatically snuggled up against him. He used one arm as a pillow and threw the other one over me.

"G'night," I mumbled.

"'Night," He whispered back.

I slept well that night.

A/N-
I think this is the shortest chapter yet, but that's okay I guess. Very much a filler chapter, but now I have provided an adequate amount of fluff to make up for the possible angst in the future