Chapter 6: Poisoned

Ezra's POV

I was hanging on for dear life. After that appearance with Darth Vader again, I was a bit scared.

"You can't keep me here forever you know! You hear me? You won't!" I yelled through the walls.

"Save your energy friend." A voice said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"A friend. We've both been left here to die." he said.

"I'll escape somehow. I know I will." I said with confidence.

"There's no guarantee of that. I've been here for many years. Why, I don't even remember how many."

"I'm not gonna give up easily." I replied.

"And why is that?" he asked.

"Because I'm a Jedi. We don't give up. I don't give up. They will come for me."

"A Jedi? hmm? A young one. But one question. Where is your master?" he said.

"I'm pretty sure he's on his way. He'll save me." I replied.

"But what if he doesn't? What if something happens to him?"

"He will come!" I shouted.

"What makes you so sure?"

"He's done it before. Twice! Third time's always the charm." I said.

He walked over and unlocked the chains.

"Thank you." I said.

"That was the easy part."

"Easy part?" I asked. "What do you mean by that?"

"Don't you see? You're alone now." he said.

"I've been alone before and survived. I can survive anything!" I said.

"But if you are to do that yet again, you must forge about your master. Forget being a Jedi." he said slyly.

"What?" I was confused on what he was saying. But before I could ask, he bit me on the shoulder.

"Ow!" I yelled. "What was that for?" But before I could hear him, I fell to the ground.