Chapter 15: Something Strange

Kanan's POV

I wasn't sure with Ezra's plan about going to the Dark Side, but we had to do it in order to save our friends. Of course, I never really told the crew what my fear was because I kept it to myself. I didn't want them to know I was worried about what would happen. My fear is that I would let the crew down, especially Ezra. But I guess it was worth a shot. I closed my eyes and focused on that fear. I tried, but I just didn't have the will to do it. I looked over at Ezra and I saw his eyes closed. He must have been focusing.

Ezra's POV

I wasn't even sure with my plan, but it was my plan, so I had to do it. Kanan already knew what my fear was. It was that i would lose everyone I love. It already happened once when my parents were taken away 7 years ago. In fact, my birthday is coming up again in 1 month. I'm kinda happy about that since I get to celebrate it with the crew, but then again, the Empire always brings back memories.

I concentrated on my fear very hard. Kanan didn't teach me alot about resisting the Dark Side, so I guess this is kinda a good thing about that, but then again, not really. I was able to get the chains off me and Zeb. I opened my eyes and stood up.

"Zeb, do my eyes look different?" I asked him.

"Uh, no. There're still blue." he replied.

"Phew. Good." I said relaxing. I looked over at Hera and Sabine and saw their chains didn't break.

"Zeb, you think you can get them?" I asked Zeb.

"Sure."

"Great. Thanks. I'm gonna see if Kanan's okay." I said. I went over to Kanan and tried to wake him up from his trance. "Yo, Kanan. You up? You okay?" I said. I hit his face a teeny bit to see if that would help. Nope, didn't work. Suddenly he woke up, breaking his chains. But when we opened his eyes, there was something different about him. His eyes weren't green, they were like an orangish color. He then stood up.

"Kanan, are you okay?" I asked. But what he said next really confused me.

"Let's go." he said. We all shrugged and followed him. I had a bad feeling for what would happen.