eight

"I'm with some good girls looking back at it and a good girl in my tax bracket. Got a black card and let Sacks have it. These Chanel bags is a bad habit."

Fezco's eyes slowly opened up, Olivia not being there in the bed next to him. He rolled over and pulled the blanket on top of him more in an attempt to go back to sleep.

"I do balls, Dal Mavericks. My Mybach, black matted. Bitch never left but I'm back at it. And I'm feeling myself, jack rabbit."

Frustrated, Fezco looked at his phone and saw that the time was 5:28 am.

"What the fuck, Olivia?" He said, getting out of bed. He opened the door, the music getting even louder.

"Feeling myself, back off. Cause I'm feeling myself, jack off. He be thinking 'bout me when he wacks off. Wax on? Wax off."

He followed the sound all the way to the basement, seeing Olivia running on the treadmill in the gym. She was in her usual workout attire, nike pros and a sports bra, and was running at a very fast speed. Fezco leaned up on the wall before making his presence known, watching and admiring.

"Do you want to turn it up a little?" Fez asked after a second, making Olivia jump. She pressed the emergency stop on the treadmill, startled.

Liv picked up a remote control and pressed a button, turning the music down. She was out of breath and panting, and let both of her arms rest on each side of the treadmill. She looked like she had been running for a while.

"Sorry." She mumbled, closing her eyes and pulling herself together. Fezco walked over and gently started rubbing her back.

"What's goin' on?" He asked, knowing she only worked out this hard and this early when she was upset.

Olivia turned around and walked off of the treadmill, wiping her forehead off. She went over to the calf machine and sat down.

"I'm pissed off." She said.

Fez let out a sigh, figuring she was mad about what she had discovered in her dads office the night before.

"I know." He said. He walked over to the calf machine and put his foot on the bottom part of it, stopping Olivia from using it. He wanted her to take a break, but she didn't notice yet.

"I mean, how could someone do that to his family? Both of them, Cal and my dad. I knew Cal was a creep, but I didn't think my dad was an asshole, too. And my poor mom. But at the same time, I'm still pissed at both of them for leaving me." Liv ranted.

Fez cupped her face with both hands and made her look up at him.

"Look, I'm sorry you had to see what you saw, but you did see it. And there's nothing you can do. They were stupid enough to leave you. I know it's hard, but..you gotta move on." He said, removing his foot from the calf machine.

Fez was trying his best. He didn't know what to say or do to help Olivia feel better about the situation. It wasn't something he had experience with.

Not that a lot of people would have experience with something like this, anyway.

Olivia started lifting her legs, trying to use the excersize machine in front of her. However, Fezco put his hand in the bottom of it to stop her.

"Take a break. Maybe shower and go back to bed. You're gonna overwork yourself." He said. He didn't want her to get back to that point in her life when she was exercising 24/7 and had an eating disorder.

This time, Olivia was the one to sigh. She slowly stood up from the machine in front of Fezco, putting both of her hands around his neck.

"Thank you for listening and trying to help me. I don't know what I'd do without you." She said, being honest.

She thought about when Fez got shot. If anything worse had happened or he didn't heal right, she couldn't imagine trying to be in this situation on her own. It wasn't something she wanted to think about.

Fez titled his head down and kissed her.

"I was thinking...Ash is going out to a friend's tonight." He said, talking lowly. Olivia's frown started to turn into a small smile.

"Is he?"

"Yeah. And..I feel like we haven't had sex in so long." He mumbled. Liv's smile disappeared into a worried look.

"I know. But are you sure your up for it? Like, are you fully healed? I don't want you hurt." She explained, slightly looking down at Fez's stomach where his wound was.

"Stop. Just stop worrying about me being hurt and your family and everything else your worried about. I'm good. Let's just have tonight be about us. Alright? I'm good." He nodded.

Olivia smiled again and got on her tippy toes to kiss him. He kissed back, and pulled away to kiss her forehead.

Liv heard her phone vibrate from across the room. She walked over to it and picked it up, seeing it was a text from Nate.

Nate Jacobs🖕❌🤢
Today, 5:41 am

I'll pick you up tonight at 9?

"What's up?" Fez asked, seeing Liv's changed expression and wondering who would've texted her that's up this early. She rolled her eyes and looked up at him, annoyed.

"Nate wants to meet up tonight at nine." She said, being honest. Fez's eyebrows furrowed.

"Why?" He asked.

"Probably so I can start paying him off. And..." Liv started. She looked at Fez.

She wanted to be honest with him. She wanted her and Fez's relationship to be one with no secrets, especially if it came to Nate.

"And what?"

"Listen...he's kind of trying to put this guy in jail because he's saying there's someone he needs to shut up or something and it's really complicated. I don't even fully understand." She blurted out. She saw the extremely confused look on Fez's face, so she walked up to him and put her hands on his neck again.

"Just trust me, okay? I know how it sounds, but as soon as I'm done we can pack out shit and go." She said. She saw the doubt in his eyes, but understood why it was there.

"Do you want me to go?" He asked. She shook her head.

"I do. But I don't think that's a good idea considering the last time you saw him you threw a glass bottle in his face." Liv joked, slightly chuckling. She saw Fez's worried expression start to fade, but he still looked a little upset.

"I mean, we had plans for tonight." He brought up.

"And I'm not gonna miss them. I'll be home by 11. Okay?" She said. Fez nodded softly, and she gave him a kiss.

Then, she went back over to respond to Nate.

She wanted to cancel her plans with him. She wanted to say fuck you and spend the night with Fezco instead. But, all that was paying through her mind was those guys messing with Rue.

She needed to protect her.