thirty two

Move out day came faster than Olvia had expected. Before she knew it, the time had come for her to up and leave East Highland for good, and start the beginning of her new life with the two boys she loved most.

As Liv finished zippering up her last suitcase, she remembered her conversation with Rue the night of her and Maddy's going away party. It saddened her that she wasn't more sad about leaving Rue behind, but all she could do was trust her about her sobriety.

Rue was right. Olivia couldn't save her.

After that part of the night, Liv blacked out. She didn't remember her and Fezco arguing and making up like he said they did. All she remembered was waking up in his arms the next morning with a horrible hangover.

"Are you ready?" Ashtray peered in, disrupting Olivia from her thoughts. She picked her suitcase off of the bed and nodded. He walked in to take it from her, which she was grateful for.

"Thanks. Are you okay carrying that out to the car?" She asked, knowing Fez was outside getting it ready. Ashtray nodded.

"Take your time."

Liv watched as he left. She looked around at her bedroom, which she could have never imagined seeing so empty.

She underestimated how hard it would be leaving the house behind.

She thought about everything that had happened in this room. The first time she brought Jayson over, who was the first boy she invited in her bedroom. Losing her virginity with Fezco. Getting ready for parties with BB and Maddy. Sleepovers with Rue.

She left and shut the door before Olivia could think of anything more. She then made one last swoop around her parents' old bedroom, all of the spares, and her dads office to make sure she had everything of hers, Fez and Ashtray's. Everything her parents left behind would stay, as she couldn't do anything with the house itself since it was still in their name.

Olivia made her way downstairs and did the same thing in all of the bathrooms and family rooms. While she was standing in the kitchen making sure the fridge was clean, she heard footsteps enter from outside.

"Sorry! I'm just double checking. Making sure we have every...oh. Hi." Liv peered her head around the corner to see Finnegan standing there. She gave him a small smile, seeing him nod.

"Believe me, you can take your time. I won't rush you one bit." He smiled, meeting Liv in the dining room. She chuckled.

Finnegan knew the day would come when Liv would move out and go off to college, but he didn't think it would go like this. Fez, Liv and Finnegan decided instead of Finnegan staying to watch and empty house, he would come with them to their Bahamas home where Fez and Ashtray would stay while Liv went off to school. She would live there once she graduated, and her and Fez would have to make it work long distance.

Olivia was excited Finnegan would be coming with them. He had been more of a father lately to her than her own dad was, and had been there for her since she was little. The rest of the relationships in Olivia's life were slowly fading away.

She couldnt let that one fade, too.

"There were times I never thought this day would come." Finnegan spoke up. Liv nodded again.

"You and me, both. I'm just happy you're going with us." She agreed. She saw a sarcastic expression appear on his face.

"Oh, right. I can't wait to look after these two buffoons while you're gone." He looked out the window. Olivia followed his gaze and saw Fezco and Ashtray struggling on top of each other to fit luggages in the back of her jeep. They eventually became super out of breath and decided to just add it into Fez's car.

Liv laughed, nudging Finnegan in the side.

"Hey. Try your best to be nice." She smirked. Finnegan put his hand on her shoulder. A new expression was there in place of his sarcastic one.

It seemed almost sentimental.

"Are you sure you're ready for this, Ms. Jackson? It's not too late to change your mind. I can always update your parents that we're keeping this address for the checks. We can easily unload the cars and sell the plane tickets. It's no biggy."

Olivia sighed. She knew Finnegan really didn't want to go to the Bahamas with them, and he was only doing it to try and continue to protect her.

"It's time, Finn. I can't stay here anymore. It's too much for me." She shook her head. Finnegan looked down and nodded his head, knowing moving away was what was best for her.

"Very well. I'll finalize everything and meet you guys down there next week."

He patted Olivia's shoulder and started walking away. Liv stopped him before he got far.

"Finnegan." She called out. He stopped and turned around, slowly but sharply as usual.

All Olivia had to do was nod her head. It was her "I appreciate you". Her "thank you for putting up with my boyfriend and saving him from dying". Her "thank you for letting me get away with all those parties". Her "thank you for sticking by my side when no one else did". Her "thank you for "keeping my dad's secret and saving the family name".

Her "I love you".

And all Finnegan had to do was smile.

He went back outside to his booth to let them out of the gate. Olivia went out and hugged Fez and Ashtray, the three of them all agreeing to meet each other at the airport.

Liv watched Fezco drive off before she did.

Then, she put her car in drive, gave one last nod to Finnegan and her home, and floored it.

On her way to the airport, Olivia knew she had to pass Nate's house. She was dreading it, but knew all she could do was hope he wasn't home.

Unfortunately for her, Nate was outside washing his car when Olivia hit the red light. She stopped, waiting and begging for the light to turn green as she watched Nate Jacobs rinse off his white truck.

He felt her stare and looked over.

Olivia froze. All of a sudden, every emotion she had been avoiding and trying not to feel about moving away caught up to her. A pit of guilt tumbled through her stomach at the thought of leading Nate behind.

Nate knew what was happening, but he didn't know what to do about it. Olivia's eyes burned with tears as everything hit her at once. She wasn't the same girl she used to be when she started highschool. So much has happened in this town, and just as she thought she was ready to leave it all behind, Nate was the one who made her second guess.

He lifted up his arm and waved, knowing that was all he was able to do in that moment. He wished he could go out to Olivia and stop her. If there was anything he could do to get her to change her mind, he would.

The car that pulled up behind Olivia beeped impatiently, waiting for her to go once the light turned green. She jumped and wiped her face, Nate taking a step forward and giving the car a dirty look.

Liv smiled at him as she passed.