twenty

Olivia's body vibrated with the motions of the car, her having fell asleep in the passenger seat as Fezco drove. He had his left hand on the steering wheel, his right tracing circles on Liv's thigh as she slept.

He glanced over at the girl next to him, watching her sleep peacefully and admiring her. He didn't know when he'd see her again after this car ride, but he knew it was for the best.

After hitting a small bump, Olivia started stirring awake. Fez pulled his hand off of her and looked back at the road, sitting up and coughing.

Liv slowly opened her eyes, looking around as the car came to a small stop. Fezco let out a sigh, still not looking over.

"Where are we?" Olivia mumbled groggily, rubbing her eyes. When they came into focus, she saw a building with big bold letters on the front of it that read "The Hills Treatment Center".

Fez refused to look at her.

"What the fuck?" Liv asked, staring out the window. She started shaking her head, and Fez stared down at his lap.

"You need help, Liv."

"What the fuck?" She repeated, bringing her knees up to her chest and talking over the man next to her.

"I'm only trying to help you. You can't just go and do drugs whenever we get into a fight."

"Don't leave me then!" Olivia squinted her eyes. She didn't raise her voice, but it was stern and worrisome.

Fez looked at her, and the two made eye contact.

"I'm sorry for going to Lexi's. I shouldn't have done that." He shook his head. He wanted to reach out and grab Liv's hand, but decided not to.

Liv looked out the window, preparing herself to ask the question she's been dying to have the answer for.

"Did you fuck her?" She asked. Her lip started to quiver, but she stayed staring out the window so Fezco couldn't see.

Ever since she found out he had sex with that other girl and went to Lexi's, the thought was in the back of Olivia's mind.

"Liv..." He said.

She whipped her head around, her eyes watering.

"Did you have sex with her?" She asked again, making sure to pronounce each word carefully.

Fezco shook his head, not removing eye contact. He reached over and grabbed Olivia's hand, holding it in his.

"No. Of course not." He admitted.

"Then what does she have that I don't? Out of all people, why did you go to her when Im right here?" She snapped. Fez shook his head again.

"You're everything I want. I went to ask her what to do."

"So you aired out our dirty laundry, my dirty laundry to her? She outed my drug abuse to the entire school. I hate her, and you running to her makes me feel betrayed." Liv said. She almost was embrassed to say how she felt, especially talking this way about Lexi of all people.

"I'm sorry. I really am. It was stupid. I wasn't thinking about any of that." Fez tried. He didn't want to lose Olivia over this.

She pulled her hand away from him to wipe her face. Then, she shook her head and swallowed hard.

"I'm not going in there. There's nothing you can do or say to get me out of this car right now." She explained, referring to the center in front of them. Fezco watched her as she fidgeted.

"I've never seen you this bad before, Olivi-"

"If anyone ever found out I went to rehab, I'd be done for. My parents-"

Fezco quickly cut her off like she had just done to him.

"Would you stop worrying about what everyone else thinks? Our entire relationship all you've thought about was other people and you're fucking image. I'm so fucking tired of it." He ranted.

Liv stared ahead, letting his words sink in and nodding. He didn't get it, and he never would. Her entire life, she was brought up to think about what other people would think of her. It's how she was raised. She couldn't change that mindset overnight. It wasn't her fault.

Fez looked over and saw the cold expression on her face. He didn't mean to sound so annoyed.

"I didn't mean..." He tried, letting the sentence drag out. A long moment of silence fell over them before Liv broke it.

"I know you're sorry. And I know you regret leaving, but it still happened. And that night when I invited Nate over..I don't know what happened. I went into such a dark space where you weren't there to be there for me. I'm not an addict, Fezco. I know I'm not. I just have really bad ways of coping." Olivia tried to explain how she was feeling as best she could.

More silence fell over them. Neither of them knew what to do next. The silence made Liv anxious, and she started to cry.

"I would appreciate it if we could go home." She said, her voice cracking as she attempted to not have the silence suffocating her like how she felt.

"Okay." Fez said.

She looked over at him. Liv expected him to put up more of a fight.

"What?" She asked, making sure she understood.

"Look. As you're boyfriend, part of us being together is trusting each other. I broke your trust by going to Lexi's, but hopefully I can gain it back. And I'm putting my trust into you right now that you won't go back and fuck up. Okay?" He confirmed, explaining his thought process.

Olivia started biting on her nail, nervous. Fez noticed and brought her nail down from her mouth.

"I love you. Im not tryin' to loose you over any of this shit." He mumbled.

He grabbed Liv's hand before putting the car in drive, leaving the rehab center.

authors note:
ok i feel like these chapters have been kinda short and sucky lately and this was lowkey just a filler one. sorry y'all! i promise it'll pick up again soon
love u all!
-wm💕