thirty three

Ain't shady baby, I'm hot like the prodigal sun.

Olivia Jackson was no longer the "it" girl of East Highland.

Olivia sat on a foldable layout chair, resting her feet on the sand below her. She tapped her toe with the rythym of the music in her AirPods, eyes closed with sunglasses on her face. Fezco rubbed tanning oil into her leg as Ashtray snorkeled in the water a few feet away.

Pick a petal, eeny, meeny, miny, moe.
And flower you're the chosen one.

She was the "it" girl of Nassau, the Bahamian capital and cruise port.

A man dressed in blue came up behind the two, handing over two pina coladas to the couple via tray. Fezco nodded.

"Thanks, man. Here." He said, handing the worker a $20. He nodded his head as a thank you and left them. Fezco handed Olivia the drink, which she happily took.

Well, your left hands free and your rights in grip.

She had everything she wanted at her fingertips; a good boyfriend, looks, money, people she loved around her...

..peace.

Liv felt her phone ring from the pocket of the lay-out chair. She took her AirPods off and sat up. Fezco grabbed it for her, and she answered without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Ms. Jackson. I just got an email saying your dorm mate is someone named Alisha Carrera."

It was Finnegan. He had been calling Olivia multiple times about Duke.

"I don't leave for another two weeks, Finnegan." Liv said, sipping her drink.

"I know. I just want you to be prepared." He said.

Olivia looked over at the ocean, Ashtray yelling.

"Y'all gotta come see this shit! Looks like some fucking dragon or some shit!" He called, pointing to something in the water. Liv chuckled. Fezco squeezed her hand as he got up and ran over.

Olivia watched the two boys fight for the snorkel gear and look in the water, struggling from the waves but having a good time. It made her smile.

"Take the next two weeks, off. You work too hard." She said over the phone, knowing Finnegan was at their house up the street from the beach at his computer, answering emails and helping with Fez's grandmother. She knew he would protest and didn't want to give him the chance.

She hung up the phone and threw it back into its pocket. Then, she put her AirPods back in, sunglasses back on and let the drink rest on her stomach as she sipped.

With another left hand, watch his right hand slip towards his gun.

In two weeks, Olivia would be at college, getting drunk at frat parties and FaceTiming Fezco from her dorm.

But for now, she was tan. Her hair was light. She smelled like coconut and lime.

And she was happy.

Which was all she ever wanted.

Oh, oh, no...