0 | Extra Credit Classes (Prologue)

For whatever reason, you clicked on this book and gave it a chance, and for that, I must humbly welcome you!

If you're looking for a book laced with drama, fluff, self-discovery, diversity, and relatable characters, I'm pleased to tell you that you're in the right place.

FUN FACT: You can still comment and vote even if you have no internet access. When you have internet access, the votes and comment(s) will automatically upload.

Official Reboot: 27 September 2022

End: TBA

All rights reserved. No part of this work may be used or reproduced in any manner without prior permission from the author. This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, or incidents are products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual events, locations, persons, etc., is merely coincidental. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical without permission from the author.

SWIMMING WAS DALLAS ADDISON'S LIFE.

And that was the truth. Her mother gave birth to her in a pool of water, and since then, her journey had progressed to the pink inflatable kiddie's swimming pool her parents bought her at age 5, then enrollment in tailored swimming classes at age ten. Her dad bought her a copy of Swim Speed Secrets for her sixteenth birthday. A large glass case in the living room showed off the myriad of medals and trophies she'd accumulated since middle school, displaying her achievements to everyone who set foot in their living room.

Even after losing her mother at the tender age of ten, swimming was still her life then, as it was now. It was all she knew, all she could think of doing, all she could think of being. At age seventeen, she still held the practice close to her heart despite how ... unsatisfied it made her at times.

Sucking in a deep, cleansing breath that quelled the flutter in her stomach, Dallas squared her shoulders and stepped up on the starter's block, the concrete slate cold yet smooth against the soles of her feet. She stood there for a while, taking in the long stretch of water that lay before her, the pool that was rippling and buzzing with chatter from members of the swim team just ten minutes ago. Red and blue land dividers sprawled across the stretch of the pool, lazily floating atop the stagnant, idyllic blue waters, and even the ladders recessed at the side of the pool seemed to add to the ambiance; the railings gleamed under the harsh glare from the overhead lights.

The distant echoes of voices in the changing room appealed to Dallas, telling her to join the rest of her teammates but as tempting as the offer was, she resisted, refocusing her attention on the pool once again. One more deep breath and she snapped her blue and white goggles over her eyes and checked her cap for the umpteenth time before bending over, letting her cold, pruned fingers touch her pink toenails. She glanced at the timer wrapped around her index finger, clicking the button at the top.