11 | Truthful Lies

Thanks for stopping by for another chapter. Don't forget to vote!

AFTER HAVING HER AND MATHIAS'S 'picture date' canceled the fourth time, Dallas was starting to get frustrated

Mathias always had an excuse, most of which weren't even valid; he wasn't finished studying for his quiz yet, he had some errands to run, or he had something to do for someone, and it didn't help that he raced out the school gate as soon as the clock struck 2:40 p.m. Between catching up with grades, dealing with Penelope, and spending time with Leila and Sebastian, Dallas wasn't available around the clock either.

And now, standing before her bathroom mirror, Dallas wasn't free either. Putting on makeup was a meticulous task that required a steady hand and months of practice. Leaning over the bathroom sink, getting impossibly close to the mirror, Dallas blew on the glued ends of her lashes before attempting to fix and attach it to her thin lash line.

As the lash uselessly hopped off her eye for the third time, Dallas eased off the bathroom counter and glared at her reflection. She'd already attached one lash but the other wasn't being as compliant, even after almost ten minutes of trying.

Thankfully, it successfully stayed on her third try.

Stepping away from the counter, Dallas tilted her head from side to side, checking out the eyelash extensions and her hair. She swept the silk-pressed strands of her natural hair over her shoulder. Though she grew tired of wearing wigs all day in the sweltering heat, she wasn't keen on getting weaves installed either, but a quick trip to the salon fixed her dilemma; Dallas smiled to herself as she tilted her head to the side, admiring how her straightened hair bobbed and swayed at the simplest movement. A rhinestone-encrusted pin pinning the sides of her hair in, Dallas let the rest of the strands freely fall over the other side of her face.

The bathroom door clicked as someone turned the handle, and Dallas watched as Sebastian entered the tiny bathroom and came to stand behind her.

"Boo," he whispered in her ear. Hands slipping around her waist and pulling her back to his chest, he assaulted the side of her face with kisses, a surge of giggles escaping Dallas, who childishly wiggled in his hold.

Her laughter subsided after a while as Sebastian snuggled her face into her neck, his warm breath sending a rivulet of shivers across her skin. He planted a kiss on her exposed shoulder and lifted his head, making eye contact with Dallas through the mirror, brown to gray.

"You look amazing," he lowly commented, sincerity and admiration pouring out as he spun her around and gazed down at her, a mesmerizing yet devious twinkle in his eyes. Dallas's felt her face flushing under the intense heat, but she didn't turn away. Sebastian's lips quirked into a small smirk. "I guess waiting an hour was worth it, huh?"

Dallas scoffed. "It wasn't an hour, you're exaggerating," she playfully punched his shoulder, laughing along with him. It was true that she'd been standing before the mirror for a while, fixing her hair, doing her makeup, but seeing the look in Sebastian's eyes, basking in the world's of his compliments, Dallas completely forgot the fierce battle she had with her eyelash a while ago. Pretty was all she needed to be. Pretty for Sebastian.