5 | Paxton Steele

MONDAY ROLLED AROUND BEFORE DALLAS even realized, and that meant one more day of hearing Mr. Davis's overzealous about some random topic in biology. Dallas flipped out her notebook anyway and took all the notes, including a reminder that they were due for a warmup quiz on Wednesday, which was fair enough. The school was starting to warm up again so naturally, that meant tests and quizzes. Dallas's mind flashed back to weeks prior, sitting in Coach Asia's office and hearing the news that wrecked her.

"Eighty percent by March."

Dallas clenched her fist, determined. She planned to ace that quiz and all her other classes, even if it was the last thing she did.

She didn't stop to chat with the teacher that day. She was out of the class as soon as the bell rang, and headed down the noisy, crowded hallway in search of her group of friends. She paid extra caution to where she walked, careful to not run face-first into some weirdo.

Speaking of which, she hadn't seen Mathias anywhere. Dallas pondered more into the thought, and the realization solidified in her head that outside of bumping into the Mogul boy, she never once saw him outside of class. Maybe he spent most of his time hiding in the library buried under towers of moldy, dusty books? Or with the stoners at the back of the school?

Mathias Starr was almost like a ghost at Ridge Walk High.

"Dallas!"

Dallas stopped and allowed Leila to catch up with her. They walked off together, each complaining about their classes as they idly chat with one another as they made their way towards the senior hall lockers to put away their books before wasting another lunch hour with their friends. They turned the corner to the senior halls, and Dallas's face lit up with a smile when she saw Sebastian.

Clad in a loose gray pullover sweater, matching track pants, and his favorite white Airwalk sneakers, he looked gorgeous standing there, leaning again the locker, chatting to Paxton and another girl. As if he couldn't get more pretty, Sebastian's hair was unkempt, just the way Dallas liked it, and he had the sleeves of his sweater rolled up, exposing his forearms and the expensive Apple watch slotted around his wrist - the blue version of the pink one he gave Dallas as a gift.

Dallas floated to him, disregarding everyone else as she slipped into his welcoming embrace. The light, masculine scent of his deodorant and cologne washed over Dallas in one big wave, making her heady and weaker. She released a low groan as she melted into him.

"Hey, babe," he said, chuckling and kissing the top of her head. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," Dallas pulled back to say. She trailed her pretty purple fingernails down the contoured side of Sebastian's strong jawline as she peered past his high cheekbones and into his mesmerizing steel eyes. He pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear and leaned in first, chastely pecking her on the lips.