S1 - Ep 1: Luz Noceda - Origins [Revised]

[Opening Song: Kyouran Hey Kids!! – By: The Oral Cigarettes]

Two silhouettes stared one another down, one with blood covering their face, or at least, what remained of it, laying back first on the destroyed pavement of a city street, and the other, heavily wounded with a spear-like appendage going through their stomach and out of its back. The one with half of its face, specifically the right half missing, had a large, near-demonic smile taking up its visage with blood trailing down the sides of its mouth. The other standing silhouette, meanwhile, had nothing but fury, pain, and agony taking up its visage.

Blue eyes stared into the sole remaining crimson-red eye of its opponent. Decades and decades of history lurked behind that one eye. Knowledge unseen and unknown. Like a scholar staring at a fledgling. A part of the standing silhouette felt as if it was felling an immortal being. One that had illuded it for far too long, and needed to be killed.

For all the evil it had committed. For all the deaths that it caused. For all the pain and suffering that it had spread throughout the standing silhouette's home. It needed to be done. For the good of the public and those in charge

So why... oh why... did it feel as if it had been played? Why did that sole, crimson-red eye shine with what looked to be both acceptance and joy rather than anger and grief that its plan had been stopped? Why did that sole, crimson-red eye stare back up at him as if it had known that this was going to happen? As if it had planned this whole thing?

Why?

Why?!

To the outside world, a battle unlike any other had just occurred. It would rock the world for generations to come, and the repairs it would take to fix the city where the battle had taken place would take well over hundreds of billions of dollars, and decades of time. A battle so devastating, a battle so soul-crushing, a battle that killed so many that it rivalled the events of the Nagasaki Bombing in terms of destruction.

Fires raised over the horizon, as rubble filled the streets. Dead civilians who unfortunately got caught in the crossfire littered the place. Families would have no choice but to bury their wives, husbands, and children, and it was all thanks to the two combatants. To make matters worse, helicopters belonging to the public news channels hung overhead, recording every detail, all the while the government worked as hard as it could to try and get the broadcasts shut down.

No one was allowed to know this battle took place. No one was to know the damage that it caused. Certainly not the public. Government officials? Maybe, but only those that needed to know. This needed to be put under wraps, for the safety of the world at large, and anyone who spoke out... well, they wouldn't remain alive long enough to speak for too long.

All for the safety of the people of their honoured country.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, the standing silhouette spoke.

"It's over... You've lost...." The standing silhouette said with pain in its voice as the one on the ground coughed, blood staining its chest as it laughed. Not a cheery kind of laugh, either. One that was deep, and filled with just as much malice as there was merriment. The kind of laugh only a demon could muster.

And then, its voice. Deep and baritone. Haunting yet elegant. Spoken like a true demon. A monster all of its own, however yet distorted due to the blood filling its lungs and choking it out.

"Did... I... really? Ehehe... no.... I did not lose.... I will live on.... In a different place.... In a different time.... I have supporters in places you could never reach...." The silhouette paused, coughing up more blood as the other, standing silhouette scowled. "You... have not won this day.... You will never win.... Not when I am two steps ahead of you...."