S1 - EP 7: Search and Steal - Part 1 [Revised]

How would you all like it if I decided that this chapter was going to be more than what it was before? I mean, that's what all of these rewrites have been, but this one especially. Since this is now the halfway part, this will set up events in season 2. Or at least, begin to. Pay attention, because after this point, what you've all read before? Yeah, you might as well just throw it out the window.

And to any new readers who're confused, I'd suggest stopping here until I finish the rewrite I'm doing. Because otherwise, the rest of the fic will be too confusing. Come back in May, which is when the rewrite *should* be finished.

Anyway, onto the chapter!

[Opening Song – Kyouran Hey Kids!! – By: The Oral Cigarettes]

[Search And Steal – Part 1]

Four days had passed since this whole game began, and if Maxwell would be honest with himself, he had half expected something to have happened by now. No one had ventured out from their bases, aside from that Judy Valetina girl, and even then, she didn't venture that far past The Alpha Squadron's headquarters.

Maxwell sighed, watching over the entire forest with his elaborate setup of hidden cameras and drones, boredom coating his features as his right fist rested on his cheek, slumping to the side as he glanced at one of the blank screens.

Everyone seemed peaceful. Too peaceful. Sure, there was interior drama within the teams, moreso with Foxtrot between Emelia Warstoch and another member, Hilbert. Kennedy was trying to rope in Cody and stop him from blowing a fuse. That Luz girl and Judy seemed to bump heads more often than not, with Stanley having to force Judy to "cool off" so to speak.

Oh, and Stanley and Judy were breaking one of the rules that he had set up. The whole "no diddling allowed" rule. They thought they were clever, but they weren't. Not that he cared. They were adults, basically. It was only a problem when the younger ones decided to try and get frisky—which none of them had, thank God. He did *not* want to see that. He knew he was a piece of shit, but he wasn't that much of a piece of shit to watch kids fuck each other's brains out and get off to it.

He wasn't like Tyler, who was a walking blackhole for morality. Don't get him wrong, Tyler was his friend, that was true, but Tyler was also a fucking creep. Hell, he had tried to marry his daughter off to an older man! Like, 20 years older! Honestly, maybe her dying here was better than going back to that fucking nutcase.

Not that he was going to spare any of them. This place would get carpet-bombed regardless of what the result of this little game was. Though, how he'd explain that to the public, he didn't know. Texas was smart by having theirs by their border, so they could get away with it being a defensive maneuver against Mexican invaders.

And even then, Greg was dragged out from his house and lynched for doing that and was replaced by some other shmuck that he hadn't bothered to remember the name of. Besides, he only cared about the part where Greg was brutally killed like Ceaser. He watched the whole thing live on TV, smiling the whole time.

That bastard deserved it. Stole 100,000 from him and called it "claiming what he owed from a bet" which was bullshit because he had already paid that asshole, but he digressed.

He wanted something to happen, damnit. Staring at the screens, watching basically nothing happened over the course of the last 120 hours was really killing the mood. The first time he and his benefactor set this whole thing up, said benefactor being Tyler, everyone went straight for each other's throats. The winner of the ordeal was a special case, too.

They had tried to end him via a carpet bomb, but the bastard lived. When that didn't work, they tried shooting him with a firing squad, and the bastard responded by turning into some funky purple smoke. Then, instead of trying to do what he suggested next, that being containing him in a gas canister and dumping him in a lake, Tyler decided to hire him as a personal assassin. Then he got the idea to make an entire special forces unit out of any super freak he could get his hands on that wasn't a child or inexperienced in killing.