S1 - Ep 12: The Hunt Begins - Part 2 [Revised]

[Opening Song: Kyouran Hey Kids!! – By: The Oral Cigarettes]

[The Hunt Begins – Part 2]

Out of all the things to have happened today, this was something that Kennedy wasn't expecting. After hearing those words. With those ugly, downright vile words that flung out of Luz's mouth, Kennedy couldn't help but snarl.

Who did she think she was? They were all victims in this situation! They weren't his tools. They doing what needed to be done to protect their families. However, he doubted Luz would've cared. No matter what they said, he could tell she had gone insane.

This was what he was worried about. That something like this would've happened. Where she would be impossible to reason with. Obviously, they had tried to kill her, and maybe it was impossible to reason with her. But still, the audacity she had to say that they weren't victims because they decided to do something regarding protecting their parents and guardians was ridiculous.

Whatever, it wasn't like it mattered. Naturally, Kennedy was calm in this situation. Yes, it was a little unnerving that their opponent was someone like Luz, but they would be fine. They just needed to cut off her way of attack. If she couldn't get started on stealing powers and gaining strength, they'd be fine.

Yes, she already had Super Strength, and yes she already had Pyrokinesis, and whatever else she had picked up along the way. But they still had a chance. And Kennedy was going to use that chance. No matter how hopeless the current situation was. "ATTACK! DON'T GIVE HER A CHANCE TO GRAB YOU! IF YOU DO, SHE'LL TAKE YOUR POWER!" Kennedy shouted, and like stupid worker drones, both teams charged at Luz, whose manic smile never wavered.

Maybe that should've been his first sign to abort the mission, but as far as Kennedy was concerned, the lives of those outside of this camp were more worth protecting than the ones inside this camp. After all, all of their parents were innocent in this situation. As for him and his cohorts? They had blood on their hands. If they died here today, then while he would've been panicked and scared witless, at least it would rid the world of future criminals.

Of course, Kennedy didn't view himself as a criminal. His arm was being twisted and he was forced into this situation. But he would like to think he wouldn't fall down the path of depravity. While others were border lining on that path, he wouldn't—no, scratch that, he would never. Sure, he was a little disturbed, and he had strange ideas—he blamed his Bipolar for that, but oh well.

He looked over to Emelia, who was standing behind him. She looked horrified. He raised an eyebrow, but when he saw that her right eye was glowing a bright purple, that was when he realized she was using Foresight.

Kennedy didn't know much about that power. All he knew was that it allowed her to glimpse into the near future. About three hours into the future, at the cost that she would go blind in that eye for 24 hours, and then she could use it again afterward. She had used it when they went to attack The Alpha Squadron to see if there would be any immediate retaliation. There wasn't, so he okayed the plan.

She was against the whole thing. But he was able to convince her that it would be worth it in the end. But now that he was looking at her, and witnessing the horror on her face, he knew that something was up.

"Emelia?" Kennedy asked, before getting her attention. She took a step back, silently, before full-on running away, screaming in terror. What did she see? Was it bad? How bad would this turn out for them?

That was when he turned around, and what he saw made his eyes wide and his jaw drop. He had only looked away for a few seconds, and yet, what he was greeted by was nothing but chaos and death.