S1 - Ep 6: Forming the Team [Revised]

If it wasn't clear in the beginning that this fanfic was a HEAVY AU, then this chapter will solidify it. This chapter will serve as a way to make sure everyone knows that this version of Luz is *not* mentally well. Even worse than Canon Luz. This chapter will show that and then some, revealing smaller details about Luz's time at school, and how, in the original, she was so susceptible to All For One's manipulations.

Now, that being said, let's get into the chapter!

[Opening Song: Kyouran Hey Kids!! – By: The Oral Cigarettes]

[Forming The Team]

"...Z...! L...Z...! LUZ!" A voice Luz recognized as belonging to Julia called out, breaking her out of her groggy half-sleep. Her eyes were heavy with the same kind of feeling that someone who had just woken up had, a tired groan sighing from her as she cupped her forehead. The headache from earlier was gone, thankfully, though now it was replaced with a heavy weight on her shoulders.

"All For One... the power to steal away others powers..." Luz thought, a frown taking up her visage, only for it to disappear a moment later when a hand grasped her shoulder. It was Julia's, that much was obvious, given how it had been her voice that had woken her up from her sleep. "Julia...?" Luz muttered, turning her whole body to face the girl in question, who looked down at her with worry written all over her face.

"Are you okay?" Julia asked as Luz raised an eyebrow.

"I mean... aside from not wanting to be here, I'd say I'm fine. Why?" Luz asked as Julia breathed out a sigh of relief. But... why? What was she so relieved about?

"Well... when I came to check on you, you were, uh, what was the term again... sweating buckets? Yes, I believe that was the saying. And when I touched your forehead, you had a blazing fever. To the point where I almost believed you were going to go into shock from how hot you were getting," Julia answered as Luz blinked.

That... wasn't good. It also didn't make sense. She was fit as a fiddle when she woke up the day of her getting on that bus. So why or how on earth did that change? Not to mention she didn't feel sick. Not even remotely. Was it a consequence of speaking to Shigaraki or being inside that "Vestiage Realm" or whatever it was called?

Luz frowned. This was all too confusing for her to deal with after the massive bombshell that was dropped on her by her less-than-a-friend mental pal. It was clear that whoever Shigaraki Rikitasu was before he died was nothing but trouble, and should be avoided at all costs. If it can be helped, obviously. If she couldn't avoid him, then she'd deal with it.

She found herself still staring at the palm of her right hand, glaring at the hole in the center with nothing but aggravation and annoyance. Theft. Stealing. That was her power. She stole from others the power of which was rightfully theirs. The jokes wrote themselves, and while she knew it was wrong, there was a voice in the back of her head, tiny as could be, whispering to her.

It wasn't Shigaraki's voice. It wasn't a mysterious third party, either.

It was her voice. And it was telling her to indulge. To take without consequence.

"No..." Luz thought, clenching her hand into a fist, covering the hole with her fingers, her nails digging into her palm as her frown slowly morphed into a toothless sneer. She glanced up at Julia, who was still staring at her with worry written all over her face.

A string, barely even visible, marked itself right between Julia's eyes. It sparked with red lightning, like a tempting offer. Her left hand twitched, small, barely noticeable sparks jumping to and from her hand and fingers as the voice of her subconscious began to speak.